Regular Member Meeting 20171214
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- 3D Fabrication Committee
- Aerospace Committee
- Automotive Committee
- Blacksmith Committee
- Civic Hacking
- Classroom Committee
- Competitive Robotics Committee
- Creative Arts Committee
- Digital Media Committee
- Electronics Robotics Committee
- Financial Committee
- Fired Arts Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Jewelry/Small Metals Committee
- Laser Committee
- Logistics Committee
- Machine Shop Committee
- Metal Shop Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee
- Science Committee
- VECTOR Committee
- Vintage Computer Committee
- Wood Shop Committee
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
- We need to have a discussion about classes, honorariums and scheduling on the calendar. (Bill Gee)
- The honorarium auditors have been discussing creating formal guidelines for what criteria will qualify a class for honorarium. These items include whether only "makery" classes bill qualify, what constitutes a "makery" class and how detailed the class description should be.
- The board of directors are considering some changes to the honorarium rules such as the minimum number of students, the minimum duration of classes and how frequently recurring classes should be scheduled.
- Quick discussion on Project Storage Rules. (Luke Strickland)
- I'd like to explore the possibility of no longer off siting expired items, and instead moving them to the trash. I'd like to hear some feedback on this idea and start thinking about a less volunteer-intensive solution for Project Storage.