Digital Media Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Digital Media Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the digital media room and equipment.
- The Digital Media Committee includes Audio, Video, and 3D modeling.
- Members will have opportunities to collaborate on DMS and personal content throughout the year.
Digital Media Room Policies
Reserving the Digital Media Space
The Digital Media Committee thanks you in advance for keeping the space clean and usable for all Dallas Makerspace members.
With increased usage, It is HIGHLY recommended that you reserve the digital Media Room if you have a special project. This can be accomplished by adding an event at http://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/ page, and clicking "Add Event"
- When scheduling you must specify if you need the entire room and/or what equipment you want to use. This allows other members to access gear that isn’t being used.
- 6 hours max for calendar events
- Events must be submitted to the calendar at least 48 hours in advance.
- If your session is not on the calendar it is an “unscheduled event”
- 3 hour max for unscheduled events, at the end of your event you go to the end of the queue. (scheduled events must also observe queue protocol.)
- At the beginning of your session you must write your name and the time your session started.
- At the end of your session please erase your name from the queue
- Please allow yourself at least one hour setup and one hour for clean up.
- Please fill out your Event Title add "PRIVATE SESSION" if you are reserving time for your project.
- Reservations to the Digital Media Room takes precedence over walk-ins.
- Walk-ins must place a sign at the Digital Media room if they are actively using it. The sign should mention when your session began, and when you plan on ending.
- No food allowed in the Digital Media Room and all drinks must be in covered containers
- Please ensure that the room is put back in place before you leave. Always leave the Digital Media Room in the same or better condition as you left it.
Digital Media Workstation Policies
- Please inform the Digital Committee Chair if any of the equipment is in disrepair.
- DO NOT move the Digital Media workstation from media room.
- The Digital Media Workstation accessories do not leave the workstation table.
- Best Practice is to reserve the room in order to reserve the workstation.
- Keep the workstation and accessories in good condition. Clean if necessary.
- Due of the equipment expense, any negligence may lead to temporary suspension.
DMS Owned Sony RX-10 Policies
- Camera may only be used on the DMS Premises.
- Camera will be located in the locker in the Digital Media Room
- Daniel Hawn (Chairperson)
- Coulson Mullen
- Julio Nieto
- Alex Espinoza
- Kat Dell - @foreverkat
- Jay Johnson (Vice Chair)
- Mark Havens
- Chuck Graf
- David Smart
- Mitch Cerroni
- Adam Oas
- Abel Ramirez II
- Haley Moore
- Ken Purcell
- Robert Alexander
- Krissy Heishman
- Nick McCarthy
- Joshua McDonald
- Tom Thomas
- Heather Williamee
- Travis Zinger
- Corbin Perkins
- Julianna Perkins
- Dwight Spencer
- Allan Gaskamp
- Eric Chaney
- Lisa Selk
- Cindy LHK
- Paul Mai
- Kilo Dean
- Shelby Liu
- Hannah Button
- Haylee Button
- Gilbert Vasquez
- Adnan E. Chahbandar (@thespacemaker)
- Ryan Kent
How To Join
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
- Digital Media Committee discussions are held via talk:
Digital Media Committee Meeting 20180427