Electronics Robotics Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Electronics and Robotics Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the Electronics and Robotics room, and any additional facilities designated for electronics and robotics purposes.
- Establish, subject to Board of Directors approval, oversight rules for use of the Electronics and Robotics resources at the Dallas Makerspace.
- Create necessary training materials that allow makers to effectively and safely use the Electronics and Robotics facilities.
Benevolent dictatorship, per Dallas Makerspace Rules.
- Will Alderman
- Brennen Bliss
- Jon Burroughs
- Rusty Cain
- Jay Cox
- David Fenyes
- Art Givens (Chairman)
- Bill Gee
- John Haskins
- Rashon Hogan
- Daniel Jackson
- James Jones
- Katie Luper
- Haley Moore (Vice-Chair)
- Chris Morgan
- Doug Paradis
- Lance Preston
- Ken Purcell
- Dan Ribaido
- Nick Sainz
- Rich Thompson
- Carl Ott
- Russel Ward
How To Join
- Be a member of the Dallas Makerspace.
- Look at the interest group on DMS talk. If you are primarily interested in discussing electronics and projects, then you may get all you want by participating in that group. Any member may participate without joining the Electronics and Robotics committee.
- If your interest is in the improvement and maintenance of the Electronics and Robotics room, then send a PM to the chairperson (@Lampy) of the committee, stating your interest in the committee. It would be helpful to indicate the nature of your interest, how you would like to be involved, and what you hope to contribute.
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
Special Interest Groups
New Gear (2015-04-06)
PDF Manuals (work in progress - can you help add?)
- Rigol DS1054Z User Guide
- Rigol DS1054Z Datasheet
- Gratten ATF20B Manual
- Signstek M4070 Manual
- Signstek MESR-100 V2 Manual
- Mailing List / Google Group:
- [email protected]
- https://groups.google.com/a/dallasmakerspace.org/group/electronics (archived for reference)
- Meeting Minutes
- AudioXpress Magazine
- Amp Hour -- weekly electronics audio blog
- Contextual Electronics - The Online Electronics Apprenticeship
- EE VBlog -- David Jones electronics video blog
- Nuts and Volts Magazine
- Robot Magazine
- 73 Magazine (Amateur Radio)
- American Radio History archive site
- BYTE Magazines
- CQ Magazine (Amateur Radio)
- Electronics Now
- Modern Electronics
- Popular Electronics
- Radio Electronics
- Arduino Reference Site
- All Datasheets -- data sheet search site
- MBed ARM web development platform
- Raspberry Pi reference site
- Circuitmaker - Schematic Capture / PCB Design (free from Altium--emphasis on Open Source designs)
- Eagle - Schematic Capture / PCB design (commercial)
- Kicad - Schematic Capture / PCB design (open source)
- Alltronics surplus electronics supplier
- Digikey electronics supplier
- Jameco electronics supplier
- Kits and Parts - Source of toroids and other radio parts
- Marlin P Jones suplus electronics supplier
- Mouser electronics supplier (located south east of Fort Worth)
- Tanner's Electronics (just across the street from DMS)
- Vacuum Tube Resources