Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
Deploying, managing and maintaining:
- Network infrastructure and Internet connectivity
- End-user computers (desktops/laptops)
- Physical servers and VMs
- Security camera system
- Website infrastructure (main website, forums, wiki, etc)
- Access control system (RFID, makermanager)
- Electrical infrastructure and contractors
- HVAC infrastructure and contractors
- Plumbing infrastructure and contractors
- Compressed air infrastructure and contractors
- Telephone infrastructure
The Jump server hosts several virtual machines; including a Windows Server that hosts our VCarve, FeatureCAM, and AutoDesk Inventor software. Jump Server FAQ
The phone system is a Voice over IP PBX, which consists of a virtual machine running Asterisk 11 with IncredibleGUI 12 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS. We use Google Voice for trunks, providing free calls to anywhere in the US or Canada. Our main number is 214-699-6537.
Benevolent dictatorship, per Dallas Makerspace Rules.
- Stan Simmons (Chair / System Admin)
- Brooks Scharff (Sr System Administrator)
- Lisa Selk (Vice Chair / System Administrator)
- Andrew LeCody
- Alex Rhodes
- Dwight Spencer (DevOps, IT, PM)
- Robert Davidson
- Frank Lima
- Erik Smith
- Joe Helmstetter
- Mark Havens (Grand Master Computer Janitor)
- Jason Ottwell
- Mike Kelp (Code Wizard)
- john a. gorman (Senior IT Specialist)
- Stephenie Webb
How To Join
- Send an email to [email protected] and request to join.
- Add your name to the list of members on this page.