Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Science Laboratory Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Promote and support the sciences at DMS
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the Science Lab area.
- Organizationally and administratively support science related classes and SIG's
Science Laboratory Committee exists to educate members in scientific, engineering, analytical, and technical subjects not covered by other committees or groups at Dallas Makerspace. It facilitates this goal through its children Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by providing resources and equipment for SIG projects and areas of study. The SIG's consist of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Computational Science.
Current Research Interests and Projects (11/25)
- Tissue Culture
- Sampling and Survey Analysis
- Developing Methods for the Effective Quantification of Member Sentiment and Status, including the act of sampling
- Experimental Statistics
- Committee Chair: Kobin Caddick the Wise
- Committee Vice-Chair: Kevin Thompson the Thompson
- Lab Manager: Whoever we can trick into doing it
- Purchasing Officer: Kobin Caddick
- Josh Melnick
- Adair Claycomb
- Ken Purcell (@Lampy)
- Jerry Ethridge (@jerryet)
- Daryl Barth
- Christopher Williams
- Rob Virkus
- Russell Crow (@Russell_Crow) - the gladiator and engineer
- Yury Kovalenok the Generalist
- Nathan Sanders
- Mike Zetts
- Leadership should include a detailed financial report with every formal meeting.
- Proper chain of appeal for issues within the committee. (Serious issues should be taken directly to the DMS Board or proper authorities).
a. It should first be discussed privately with the most appropriate appointee or project lead. b. If the issue is not resolved, it should be escalated to the committee chair and discussed privately. c. If it is still not resolved, it should be brought up for discussion at the next regular meeting among committee members in person. d. Final attempt to address the issue should be added to the agenda for the next formal meeting as new business. It should be submitted 1 week prior to the formal meeting.
Meetings are posted in advance on the events calendar
- Upcoming Committee Meetings
- July 11, 2021
- Previous Meeting Minutes
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Sep 12
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Aug 15
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 June 13 (elections)
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 May 9
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Apr 11
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Mar 14
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Jan 17 (elections)
- Science Committee Meeting 2021 Jan 2
- Science Committee Meeting 2020 Nov 15
- Science Committee Meeting 2020 Oct 18
- Science Committee Meeting 2020 Aug 30
- Science Committee Meeting 2020 June 26 (elections)
How To Join
- Show up any given Sunday at 2:30pm in the Science Laboratory area
- Send an email to the committee chair: [email protected]
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
Training (this section to be updated)
- Currently at this time reach out to the current chair @kobin on talk or come to science committee meeting.
Science Committee discussions are held via the forums and Google+:
All pages related to the Science Committee.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Science
Pages in category "Science"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- Neural Electric Interface Working Group (NEIWG)
- Notes 20110526
- Notes 20110602
- Notes 20110623
- Notes 20110630
- Notes 20110707
- Notes 20110714
- Notes 20110728
- Notes 20110915
- Notes 20110929
- Notes 20111110
- Notes 20111222
- Notes 20111229
- Notes 20120105
- Notes 20120112
- Notes 20120126
- Notes 20120202
- Notes 20120209
- Notes 20120216
- Notes 20120614
- Notes 20120621
- Notes 20120628
- Notes 20120902
- Notes 20121602
- Science Committee Library
- Science Committee Meeting 20162704
- Science Committee Meeting20150828
- Science Committee Meeting20150919
- Science Committee Meeting20161904
- Science Committee Meeting20162004
- Science Committee Projects
- Science Lab Equipment
- Science.Biomedical subcommittee Meeting20150924
- Strawberry DNA extraction protocol