Vintage Computer Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Vintage Computer Committee strives to provide a STEM pilot program for learning hands on about the whole computer from hardware to software and networking. Thus passing on the knowledge and history of computing to the newest generation of "hackers', makers, and generally anyone interested in computers and the internet before the "grey beards" knowledge becomes completely lost to us all.
In achieving this goal the Vintage Computer Committee oversees the Interactive Computer Museum, offers programming and networking courses, and works with the Afterschool alliance, Home U.S. Department of Education, and Texas Board of Education to provide an official STEM pilot program at the Dallas Makerspace.
The Vintage Computer Committee also works with Archive.org, Jason Scott, Vintage Computer Federation, and Computer History Museum to help with digital archiving of historical software, rare industry materials (ie schematics, internal manual, etc.), commercial literature, and educational material.
- Classes for programming, IT, and computer hardware
- Interactive Computer Museum
- Coding Challenges
- Coding and Coffee Workshops
- See Category:VCC
- Building a Modern Computer from First Principles
- Python 101
- Python 202
- Comptia Certification Prep
- AWS Certification prep
- Cloud Computing
VCC Interactive Computer Policies
- Please inform the Committee Chair if any of the equipment is in disrepair.
- DO NOT move the Interactive Computers or related media from Interactive Computer Museum.
- The VCC Interactive Computer accessories do not leave the Interactive Computer Museum.
- Keep the Interactive Computers and accessories in good condition. Clean and keep clear of debris if necessary.
- Due of the equipment expense and rarity of items, any negligence may lead to temporary suspension.
- Bill Gee(vice-chair)
How To Join
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page and announce yourself on talk
- Attend the Committee Meetings
- Vintage Computer Committee discussions are held via talk:
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180110
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180207
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180307
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180404
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180504
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180606
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180711
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180801
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20180905
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20181003
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20181107
- Vintage Computer Committee Meeting 20181205