Metal Shop Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
To further our goals on metal working, such as various welding techniques, metal cutting, forming, and other skills necessary for safe fabrication in various metals.
Please see the Welding page.
Please see the CNC_Plasma_Cutter_Training page.
Please see the Metal Shop Tools page.
Training is required for the welding and CNC plasma-cutter equipment. Training is not required for other equipment, but we do expect you to seek assistance and/or attend training classes as needed for the safety of all building occupants.
Approved Trained Users
These lists are only visible inside Dallas Makerspace.
CNC Plasma Users
MIG Welding Users
TIG Welding Users
- Chuck Graf (Chair -- BOD approval 4/2016)
- D Cheng
- Adrian Valdes
- Alex Rhodes
- Andrew Spencer
- Andrew Floyd
- Carey Ritchey
- Chetan Raj
- Chris W
- Danny Meeks
- David Kessinger
- Ed Kim
- Ken Purcell
- Lee Jones
- Tim Bene
- Tom Cook
- Trent Campbell
- Walter Anderson
- Zach Metzinger
- Brady Pamplin
Things to Do
- Repair Miller 351 A/C mode (for Aluminum) sputtering. Suspect spark gap needs addressed. Works great for steel, though!
- Repair Miller 251 (coolant pump flow is low; need to figure out why and repair).
- Create a "chores" page for ongoing/periodic needs
Things to Purchase/Fabricate
- Dry Saw (Discussion)
- Dedicated Plasma Cutter
- Large Tubing/Pipe bender (>2" pipe)
- English Wheel
- More dies, set screws for small tubing roller (<= 2" pipe)
Things recently done/purchased
Miller 251 coolant pump repairednot so fast! It's only partially repaired.
- Metal shear installed
- Metal box/pan brake installed
- Slip roller installed
- Cold Saw (Discussion) (technically Machine Shop, but they share!)
How to Contact
The best way to contact Metal Shop members is to hang out in Metal Shop. Electronically, please Use Talk for communication.