Regular Member Meeting 20170413
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
Monthly Operating December
- 3d Fabrication Committee
- Automotive Committee
- Blacksmith Committee
- Civic Hacking
- Stephen Wylie is facing yet another term as chair.
- BarnRaise Dallas, organized by Capital One's adaptivepath.org, is happening May 18 - 20. Participants will partner with local design firms to "develop a user-centered understanding of a problem faced by a community organization and prototype viable solutions." Let Stephen know if this sounds interesting to you.
- Classroom Committee
- Bill Gee was re-elected as chair for another term.
- Classroom Committee is the home for the new Training Development SIG.
- We are still working on installing tablets outside of the classrooms.
- We are making plans to redo the floor in the Interactive Classroom.
- We are going to get a larger monitor for the Interactive Classroom. One of the existing monitors will go to either the Conference Room or the Purple Classroom, freeing that one up for the Conference Room.
- We are buying 18" wide folding tables for the Lecture Hall so that people can use laptop computers more effectively during classes and meetings.
- We are defining "standard arrangements" for the classrooms and ask that people please leave them in one those configurations after their class or event.
- We are investigating buying rated soundproofing panels for the Lecture Hall.
- We deployed power strips in the classrooms. While we cannot expect everybody to put them up after use, we will be providing a storage location for them.
- We are looking for someone to finish the deployment of Opencast in the Lecture Hall and possibly the Interactive Classroom later.
- Competitive Robotics Committee
- Creative Arts Committee
- New acquisitions:
- Loom named Lulu
- Silkscreens and all the items to go with it for exposure
- Teeny tiny annex table
- Two big tables (one to be exclusively fibers/sewing)
- Organizing shelves for the tables
- Waste board for the shapeoko
- Replacement for the heat controller for the heat press
- Supplies for the printer finally came in and printers are running
- Nicole stepping to the side officially (and it's a happy thing - still will be very involved at the space)
- Annex official name is Warehouse 13
- Annex is a drink/food/mess free place tables are small for a reason to limit items placed down
- CA Committee Meeting March 28th
- New CA Chair Devin Burnett @missydee1206
- New CA Subchain Mark Reynolds @mreynolds
- Mark and Devin will both be suggested to be procurement officers for the space
- Nicole will sadly and painfully give up her card after they have cards
- Devin and Mark will ask Robert for expensify access
- It's been a great ride, thank you for the support both in financial terms and just believing in me to allow this this program to get off the ground. Over the last two years it's been quite a fun ride of flips and flops. It's been a joy to see the personalities and the energies come together to build Creative Arts. This place is important and I know everyone knows that. - Nicole out, drop the mic!
- New acquisitions:
- Digital Media Committee
- Electronics Robotics Committee
- Art Givens was re-elected as Chair for another term
- Recent new donations/loans of gear to ELab
- David Fenyes donated an Aoyue 852A++ hot air station
- Rich Meyer donated an APT 105 variable AC pwr sply
- On loan from David Fenyes: Metcal SP440 desoldering station
- Tool Wiki updated
- New SIG - Spaceship Bridge Simulator SIG headed by David Smart
- Amateur Radio SIG
- Financial Committee
- Foundry Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Jewelry/Small Metals Committee
- Joseph Lahoud will remain department chair for another round
- Seeking help to relocate the pallet shelf with DPRG storage so we can have a bit more working room. This is the largest obstacle for us to implement lost wax casting.
- Jimmy in woodshop has been commissioned to build us a new multi-person workbench
- A large, 200lbs donation of casting investment was made to the department, thank you for that.
- Tools section on the Wiki has been updated for J&SM. Big thanks to Chris Marlow for taking the time to do that
- Next committee meeting has been posted to calendar for 4/26 @ 7 PM
- Laser Committee
- Merissa Green was elected chair and confirmed at the last board meeting
- Working to get laser classes on LMS
- Laser Area Workday planned for April 30th, will be added to calendar soon, will include laser maintenance, area cleanup and reorganization. Please come and help!
- Logistics Committee
- Machine Shop Committee
- Metal Shop Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Adam Oas has been elected new PR Chair, pending board approval
- PR will be participating in the UT Dallas Makerfair on the 14th with active making of art and a speaking engagement.
- PR is working on a number of initiatives, including the 'wall of makers' as well as assisting with the Cosplay SIG for the upcoming "Famous Monsters of Movieland" trade show.
- Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee
- Remote Control Committee
- Science Committee
- VECTOR Committee
- Vintage Computer Committee
- Wood Shop Committee
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Change name of Remote Control Committee to Aerospace.