Fired Arts Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
Upcoming Events & Projects
Saturday, October 22nd. 2pm - 5pm.
Foundry/Fired Arts Workshop.
Students will review pinch, coil and slab building to see which method best suits their project. Link to the class is on the DMS calendar. At 5pm, there will be a demonstration and discussion on using the wheels to throw pots.
$10 material fee.
- To educate members on pottery, stained glass, fused glass, glass bead making, metal casting, and other projects or arts that would fall under the category of "fired arts".
- To share resources, especially knowledge, of metal casting, pottery & glass; with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Chair: Nathan Jones
- John Kulenschmidt
- Beth Appleton
- Dan Henderson
- Amna Soomro
- April Pruitt
- Cairn Day
- Jennifer Goss
- tom cook
- Jaynee Purchase
- Heidi Phillips
If you're a Dallas Makerspace member and would like to join the Foundry group, it's easy.
1. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the skills you'd like to contribute. 2. To keep up to date on plans and projects, please request to join the Foundry mailing list through Google Groups. 3. Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
- Stained Glass
- Handbuilt Pottery/Throwing
- 2013 Sept - Small Kiln temperature readings avail. Temps hit 1,800'.
For the medium kiln, working on replacing wiring. Large Kiln: building new stand and replacing wiring
- 2013 August - Field trip to Master Blacksmith in Gunter, TX.
- 2013 August - Small kiln (8"x8"x8") online. additional kilns donated.
- 2013 August - Sand casting demo
- 2013 Oct 20 - Sand casting day
- 2013 Dec 15 - Sand Casting day
- 2014 March 23 - Pottery video class
- 2014 May 24 - Bisque fired day
- 2014 June 1 - Sand Casting Demo
- 2014 Aug - Pottery video / Building Stained shelves