Regular Member Meeting 20170209
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
- 1 Time, location
- 2 Approval of prior minutes
- 3 Officer/Committee reports
- 4 Agenda
- 4.1 Old business
- 4.2 New business
- 4.2.1 Classification of Tools Presentation. (Chris Marlow, M.Blatz and Alex Rhodes)
- 4.2.2 Online Learning Management System Presentation (Axeonos Robertson, Mitch Cerroni, Zeba Kahn and Alex Rhodes)
- 4.2.3 Related Party Policy (Finance)
- 4.2.4 Refresh Asset Listing (Finance)
- 4.2.5 Reinstate teachers banned from teaching for violating secret rule (John Gorman)
- 5 Minutes
20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
Monthly Operating December
- 3d Fabrication Committee
- Ninjaflex class on the 17th
- Filastruder partial build, needs some mods. The Filastruder, Filawinder, empty spools, and pellets will allow us to teach classes on making filament, recycling, and custom colors. Would appreciate help building it, look for build meetups on calendar.
- Automotive Committee
- Blacksmith Committee
- Civic Hacking
- Classroom Committee
- Please turn off the projector in the Lecture Hall when you are finished using it. More information on Talk at https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/please-turn-off-the-projector-in-the-lecture-hall/17071
- Competitive Robotics Committee
- Creative Arts Committee
- Digital Media Committee
- Electronics Robotics Committee
- Bought 3 more bench lights w/ magnifier. All benches now have lights.
- E Lab has new DeWalt heat gun. Adj up to 1100 F. It stays in the Lab.
- Purged/consolidated 2 boxes of smd reels.
- Walter made/donated holders/organizers for small tools for the benches.
- Marking tools w/Dykem yellow stain.
- Proceeding w/ rebuild of pcb mill. Have steppers, pwr sply, cntrl brd, and spindle mtr. Have done some preliminary tests.
- E Lab has large assortment of spacers and standoffs including plastic/nylon. They're in the roll around cabinet on the right next to the shelves.
- Amateur Radio SIG
- Financial Committee
- Foundry Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Jewelry/Small Metals Committee
- Purchased some enameling supplies and more classes are underway!
- Progress in outfitting department for lost wax is going well. Got a good deal on a small electric melting furnace and currently working to install a programmable controller for the small kiln to run burn out schedules.
- Work in progress to spruce up department organization, and aesthetics. Looking for ideas on what can be done with DPRG storage. We don't have much room and would like to remove the large shelf.
- Monthly committee meeting scheduled for 2/9, 7PM
- Laser Committee
- February (2017)-
- A more finalized version of the class material is complete.
- Mitch Cerroni Has fixed the power supply and motherboard on the zing pc
- The last, Laser Basics class was taught on, 2-8-17.
- Laser basics will soon be on DMS' LMS. Meaning it will be a self taught course.
- Big thank you to, Raymond Jett for the video footage.
- And a thank you to, Alex Rhodes for the editing. And Zeba for helping push DMS to a LMS.
- Thank you Chuck Graf, AAron Sanders, and Luke Olson, for procuring, replacing, maintaining, and implementing the Co2 orders.
- Logistics Committee
- Machine Shop Committee
- Metal Shop Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee
- Remote Control Committee
- Science Committee
- Weather Station project linking to open source Wunderground nearing completion, possibly as we speak
- Activated carbon filter purchased, get your acids ready
- Air particle filter cost projected to be ~$80 a month, we're considering minimal pricing options for users (4 filters, ~$20 each, 50 hour lifetime)
- VECTOR Committee
- Vintage Computer Committee
- Wood Shop Committee
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Classification of Tools Presentation. (Chris Marlow, M.Blatz and Alex Rhodes)
Online Learning Management System Presentation (Axeonos Robertson, Mitch Cerroni, Zeba Kahn and Alex Rhodes)
Related Party Policy (Finance)
Talk about any transactions with related parties when it comes to expenses or sales.
Refresh Asset Listing (Finance)
Need to refresh our listing of assets with details. Timeline when this is feasible to be completed.