Annual Member Meeting 20160414
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
April 14th, 2016 @ 20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- Hosted a Ninjaflex training class, Ninjaflex printing works very well on Far Righty.
- How to build a 3D printer class and monthly RepRap user group meetups coming up.
- Got 2 gallon ziplock bags to store filament in, encourage members to store filament in bags.
- Aquired two rolling carts from Fred's warehouse, hopefully to be used to easily transport printer and computer to classrooms for 3D fab classes.
- Mendy is successfully printing, needs some further calibration, but it's usable.
- Race car saw some action and some repair work in the pits, more details in talk
- Videos of event to post on youtube are currently being worked on
- Will be a meeting in the next couple weeks to see if anyone else wants to be chair and talk about plans for our 240sx
- Next art show will be electronics and 3D printing so please start working on projects (due at the end of May to CA)
- Next board meeting we will be asking to take over the screen printing and vinyl cutter (it hasn't been official)
- Still wanting to have a consistent system of payment (keeping our ear on the ground)
- Lots of CA growth this year, lots of teachers stepping up, lots of people involved
- Thank you to the board for the funding and support this year
- Looking to sustain growth for the next year but very specific areas of growth to build out resources and encourage participation
- Art shows are going well - I hope you get a chance to participate in a few of them
- We have a twitter, Facebook group, instagram always looking for ways to connect with people
- Nicole (the chair) will be traveling quite a bit this summer and she wants everyone to know she will be gone for long stretches of time. Ray (soon to be Co-Chair) is aware and he's excited to get rid of me for awhile.
- Next potluck is coming up on April 30th - let's work on building community and our bellies at the same time
- I (Nicole) would like to put a bee in everyones thoughts about the possibility and potential of a mini-maker faire for Dallas for 2017 or 2018. While this would require lots of organization and leadership I believe it's something we could handle. It's a shift in philosophy from showing off makerspace as a whole to showing off the individual makers OF Dallas. Might hurt a bit to wrap around for some but the potential of us leading an event like this is needed.
- Many opportunities are available to get involved with CA just ask please we welcome your help and friendship
- Digital Media Committee
- Electronics Robotics Committee
- Financial Committee
- Foundry Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Jewelry and Small Metals Committee
- Laser Committee
- Delivery of new laser cutter is imminent (in a warehouse in Grapevine)
- FDA needs to release new laser cutter before use but all other paperwork has cleared
- Full Spectrum Laser sale is imminent (highest offer is $2,000)
- Zing laser is online and will soon be ready for classes
- 208V PDU acquired to better utilize existing electrical circuits
- Classes have been consistent and have received positive feedback
- Thank you to all volunteers and instructors!
- Laser committee meeting to be held this coming week to determine chairperson (exact time to be determined)
- Logistics Committee
- New personal storage capacity has been added to the galley
- Machine Shop Committee
- Metal Shop Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee
- Remote Control Committee
- Science Committee
- VECTOR Committee
- Wood Shop Committee
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Board of Directors Election
Dallas Makerspace Annual Members Meeting notes : April 14th, 2016 In attendance: - Benjamin Groves - Kent Bowling - Andrew LeCody - Alex Rhodes Meeting called to order at 8:04pm *** Prior Minutes *** - Prior Minutes Pass *** Committee Reports *** - Committees made reports *** Voting Results *** - 98 votes submitted for Board of Directors - Board of Directors for 2016 - 2017 - Alex Rhodes - 60 - Ken Purcell - 53 - Robert Davidson - 51 - Luke Olson - 45 - Erik Smith - 43 - Other candidates - Chuck Baber - 42 - Mitch Cerroni - 41 - Lisa Selk - 38 - Brian Terry - 34 - Brandon Green - 32 - Allen Wan - 27 - Logo Vote - Current Dallas Makerspace Logo recieved 48 votes - Proposed Dallas Makerspace Logo recieved 37 votes Meeting adjourned at 8:50pm