Regular Member Meeting 20180511
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
5/11/2018 20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- 3D Fabrication Committee
- New double wide 3D printer
- New tall printer
- Automotive Committee
- Reminder about not doing large multi-day projects in the automotive bay
- Blacksmith Committee
- Found money to buy propane tank holder
- Classroom Committee
- Starting work on the interactive Classroom flooring
- Creative Arts Committee
- Digital Media Committee
- Update Adobe licenses.
- Install RFID locks with logs so that equipment can be checked out.
- Create streaming procedure for recording board meetings
- None of the equipment in DM is “required training” but we still need to hold classes to make the gear more accessible.
- We need more batteries for the Sony RX10. I’d like to start teaching classes on photography basics and product photography.
- Inventory has been done, and I need to update the wiki.
- Classroom recording is now very easy
- Electronics Robotics Committee
- Got a recent donation, some of it went to vector some of it to Electronics
- Still sending donations to Foothills
- Fired Arts Committee
- Lampworking is starting soon
- First slipcasting class in awhile
- Potentially splitting to Glass committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- 12 8TB hard drives for new video storage
- Looking for volunteers for running wires
- Jewelry/Small Metals Committee
- New kiln installed and operating. Problems network controller being addressed by mgf. Trainer the trainer for basic operation will be reviewed at next committee meeting
- New steam cleaning machine put into service. Distilled water use only.
- Mini Metal Maker PMC 3D printer donated. Seeking help from 3D fab on usage.
- Pickle pots keep being left on. If you use them, you must power them off
- Next committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday 5/29
- Laser Committee
- Violations of the committee area were really easy to resolve with the board
- Laser has had 466 operators in each calendar years, lasers fail often, lasers can only be expected to last 5 years in a perfect environment.
- Logistics Committee
- Come help offsite
- Machine Shop Committee
- New Lathe
- Aluminum saw is now ready to go
- Install RFID interlocks on the major tools, dangerous and random people keep using them
- Tiny little drill press that will
- Metal Shop Committee
- New VaporHone ready to go
- Public Relations Committee
- New display case ready in lobby
- Open house October 6th or maybe October 20th
- Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee
- Science Committee
- Cool classes coming up, superconductors. Contacting other professionals to acquire more talent.
- Software Development Committee
- VECTOR Committee
- Vector is working on some new class ideas, previous successful has been cap repair on broken items.
- Starting classes for logic probing, test meter
- Vintage Computer Committee
- Switched to scrum model for project management, getting development done
- Taking on some of the development projects at the makerspace, two dedicated developers and two qas.
- Meseum has couple of new projects ready to go, several old DOS games are available
- Created inventory sheet tool to track donations, publically available for other committees
- Teach the teacher class for docker the day after the board meeting
- Putting together a general hack-a-thon of various DMS related projects
- New class schedule has been solidified for every wednesday
- AWS certificaiton prep course coming up soon
- System monitoring for various DMS tools and resources
- June 14th is the Circle of Hope Conference
- Wood Shop Committee
- Did filming for training of equipment
- This Sunday at 6PM is Woodturning Epic event in interactive
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.