Board of Directors Meeting 20140105

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.

Time, location

18:00, Dallas Makerspace

Prior minutes


Officer/Committee reports

Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Return Wireless Link Funds To General Fund (Paul Brown)

Problem: We are getting closer to the end of our lease. It is becoming less practical to spend the time setting up the wireless link when we will only be able to use it for a few months.

Solution: Return the $600 planned for the wireless link to the General Fund.

Old business

These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.

New business

Purchase Equipment to Support the Lathe (Robert Davidson)

Problem: We have the lathe up and operational now we need tooling for the lathe and other various tooling and equipment

Solution: Purchase the list as recommended by Greg Needel heading (DMS Workshop Lathe Tools) total price 1691.41 I would like to move this up to an even 2K to fully support this machine, this money would be transferred to workshop for there discretion in what the final purchase that is made.


20140105 Board Meeting Minutes
 Andrew L calling the meeting to order.
 Board directors present: Peter S, John G, Paul B, Andrew L

 Prior minutes pass by consensus.

Consent Agenda
Return Wireless Link Funds To General Fund (Paul Brown)
 passes by consensus.

Officer/Committee reports.
3d Fabrication Committee - Andrew Falgout (not present)
 second polyprinter is out for repair.
 discussion about repleneshing available plastic.
Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen, Andrew L reporting
 Wireless link is working great, except from DMS to downtown.
 Have more amateur radio classes coming up.
Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana, John G reporting
 No updates.
Automotive Committee - Luke Olson
Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd, Nick Sainz reporting
 made gingerale last night.
Civic Hacking - Steve Rainwater (not present)
Classroom Committee - John Fields, John G reporting
 No updates.
Creative Arts Committee - Dawn Ellis, John G reporting
 making some plans to utilise the funds.
Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson (not present)
Financial Committee - Paul Brown
Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
 Last month, had casting at Crhistmas, about 4 people present.
 Also had pottery, about 5 people have donw pieces.
 In about another 3 weeks, the pieces will be ready to be fired.
 Maybe a class, in clay, Andrea Aubrey, still inthe planning stage.
 Have a DVD that has info on lost wax, moulding.
Laser Committee - William Petefish (not present)
LifeMakers Committee - Lisa Selk (not present)
Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
 Bluebonnet is unlocking the dumpster, and leaving it unlocked.
 Discussion about the locking/unlocking.
 Discussion about the reloading bench in the Security Room.
 New storage unit, across the street.
 Action item: Andrew L to contact Darcy Neal regarding "The Donation Shelf"
Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole LeCody, Andrew L reporting
 Discussion about the photoprinter work.
 Discussion about the automatic/motorized developer machine.
Public Relations Committee - Cone Johnson, Nick Sainz reporting
 The PR Committee is being re-organized to provide better support.
Workshop Committee - Greg Needel, Paul B reporting
 Lathe tooling.  Coordinating the Mill.  CNC Plasma.  The height is really picky.
 Discussion about the CNC Plasma.
 Action item: Purchase a full first aid kit for the Monroe space; also get some smaller medical kits.
New business
Purchase Equipment to Support the Lathe (Robert Davidson)
 Andrew L asks for objections to tabling this item.  No objections.

Andrew L proposes the Board give Frank Scranton 3 months for membership drawn from the Membership Fellowship fund in recognition for his hard work.
John G seconds.

 Aye: 4

Motion passes.

Action items:
 Andrew L to contact Darcy Neal regarding "The Donation Shelf"
 Andrew L to purchase a full first aid kit for the Monroe space; also get some smaller medical kits.
 Andrew L and OPS to research and/or purchase more fire extinguishers.

Next meeting Sunday Feb 9, 1600.

meeting adjourned @ 1919.

Next meeting: Board of Directors Meeting 20140209