Board of Directors Meeting 20140105
This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
18:00, Dallas Makerspace
- 3d Fabrication Committee - Andrew Falgout
- Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Automotive Committee - Luke Olson
- 4 Hours of Lemons team application accepted by the race coordinators
- Lots left to do to participate in the race in March (raise funds, obtain vehicle, install safety equipment)
- Chuck Graff has been leading the Lemons race efforts and submitted the team application
- Allen Wan offered to oversee paperwork for two vehicle donations
- Auto area and tools have been used frequently by members
- Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd
- Civic Hacking - Steve Rainwater
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Creative Arts Committee - Dawn Ellis
- Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Finally replaced the old liability waiver with the new liability waiver after adding some styling to the form.
- Added all of the badges from the old member spreadsheet to Maker Manager. This means we have a complete database of the member badges.
- Finished the automation for reactivating member badges after they have paid. (it also automatically deactivates them when they don't)
- Planning to complete an annual report soon.
- Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- LifeMakers Committee - Lisa Selk
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole LeCody
- Public Relations Committee - Cone Johnson
- Workshop Committee - Greg Needel
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Return Wireless Link Funds To General Fund (Paul Brown)
Problem: We are getting closer to the end of our lease. It is becoming less practical to spend the time setting up the wireless link when we will only be able to use it for a few months.
Solution: Return the $600 planned for the wireless link to the General Fund.
These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.
Purchase Equipment to Support the Lathe (Robert Davidson)
Problem: We have the lathe up and operational now we need tooling for the lathe and other various tooling and equipment
Solution: Purchase the list as recommended by Greg Needel heading (DMS Workshop Lathe Tools) total price 1691.41 I would like to move this up to an even 2K to fully support this machine, this money would be transferred to workshop for there discretion in what the final purchase that is made.
20140105 Board Meeting Minutes 1820 Andrew L calling the meeting to order. Board directors present: Peter S, John G, Paul B, Andrew L Prior minutes pass by consensus. Consent Agenda Return Wireless Link Funds To General Fund (Paul Brown) passes by consensus. 1822 Officer/Committee reports. 3d Fabrication Committee - Andrew Falgout (not present) second polyprinter is out for repair. discussion about repleneshing available plastic. 1827 Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen, Andrew L reporting Wireless link is working great, except from DMS to downtown. Have more amateur radio classes coming up. 1829 Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana, John G reporting No updates. Automotive Committee - Luke Olson See WIKI Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd, Nick Sainz reporting made gingerale last night. 1829 Civic Hacking - Steve Rainwater (not present) Classroom Committee - John Fields, John G reporting No updates. 1830 Creative Arts Committee - Dawn Ellis, John G reporting making some plans to utilise the funds. 1831 Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson (not present) 1834 Financial Committee - Paul Brown See WIKI 1844 Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt Last month, had casting at Crhistmas, about 4 people present. Also had pottery, about 5 people have donw pieces. In about another 3 weeks, the pieces will be ready to be fired. Maybe a class, in clay, Andrea Aubrey, still inthe planning stage. Have a DVD that has info on lost wax, moulding. 1846 Laser Committee - William Petefish (not present) LifeMakers Committee - Lisa Selk (not present) 1847 Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody Bluebonnet is unlocking the dumpster, and leaving it unlocked. Discussion about the locking/unlocking. Discussion about the reloading bench in the Security Room. New storage unit, across the street. Action item: Andrew L to contact Darcy Neal regarding "The Donation Shelf" 1855 Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole LeCody, Andrew L reporting Discussion about the photoprinter work. Discussion about the automatic/motorized developer machine. 1858 Public Relations Committee - Cone Johnson, Nick Sainz reporting The PR Committee is being re-organized to provide better support. 1859 Workshop Committee - Greg Needel, Paul B reporting Lathe tooling. Coordinating the Mill. CNC Plasma. The height is really picky. Discussion about the CNC Plasma. Action item: Purchase a full first aid kit for the Monroe space; also get some smaller medical kits. 1909 New business Purchase Equipment to Support the Lathe (Robert Davidson) Andrew L asks for objections to tabling this item. No objections. 1913 Andrew L proposes the Board give Frank Scranton 3 months for membership drawn from the Membership Fellowship fund in recognition for his hard work. John G seconds. Vote: Aye: 4 Abs: Nay: Motion passes. Action items: Andrew L to contact Darcy Neal regarding "The Donation Shelf" Andrew L to purchase a full first aid kit for the Monroe space; also get some smaller medical kits. Andrew L and OPS to research and/or purchase more fire extinguishers. Next meeting Sunday Feb 9, 1600. meeting adjourned @ 1919.
Next meeting: Board of Directors Meeting 20140209