Regular Member Meeting 20140911
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- Amateur Radio Technician Class complete - New hams in the wild!
- Much Thanks Pat Hykkonen and congratulations to the new DMS Amateur Radio License Holders
- Amateur Radio Committee will be planning a set of General level classes in the near future
- Expect new class announcement within a week
- Amateur Radio Committee is now designing and preparing for the new KD5MS ham shack install
- Stay Tuned
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Automotive Committee - Brandon Green
- Potential auto area is defined along with shelf and tool area
- Currently working on motor vehicles at space is not authorized by board, pending response from landlord
- Seeking input on possibility of installing 2 post lift (~$4k)
- Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd
- Civic Hacking - Stephen Wylie
- Classroom Committee - Gus Reiter
- Creative Arts Committee - Haley Moore
- Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson
- Next Electronics Day of Hacking: October 4th from 2pm to 6pm
- Working on plan to move some of the component boxes to remote storage, and keep a smaller batch here for cataloging, bringing in more as needed.
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Gave presentation: PDF Link
- Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- Reminder: You don't have to join the committee to be trained on how to use the laser.
- Reminder: Don't save your work to the desktop of the computer. It WILL be erased. Save it in the proper folder on the network drive.
- Reminder: The laser committee does have a list. (firstname.lastname@example.org) USE IT if there is an issue with the laser. Don't try to repair it yourself.
- Reminder: If YOU break the laser, let the committee know so we can fix it.
- Machine Shop Committee - Bryan Gangwere
- HAAS Training is in progress. Next training class to be scheduled soon.
- Lathe is operational and tooling has been purchased (Training is required)
- Bridgeport tooling has been purchased
- New X-axis scale has been purchased and is in the process of being installed.
- For those interested in machining: There is a lot of information on the Machine Shop Committee wiki. Check it out.
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Steve Reeves
- Public Relations Committee - Steve Blanchard
- Workshop Committee - Alex Rhodes
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Problem: Project storage is filling up
Solution: Vote on nonbinding recommendation that the electronics components(black boxes) should be moved from project storage onto 2 pallets. Vote is just to build consensus so members can determine if holding component boxes is currently the best use of over 13% of the project storage space