Regular Member Meeting 20140814
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
- 1 Time, location
- 2 Approval of prior minutes
- 3 Officer/Committee reports
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Minutes
20:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- Amateur Radio Committee Meeting held on July 15th
- We will begin design and building of our own HF antenna
- We intend to begin construction as the summer cools down
- Amateur Radio Technician Class underway, concluding with exam on September 8th
- Amateur Radio General Class to follow
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Automotive Committee - Brandon Green (pro tem)
- Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd
- Civic Hacking - Stephen Wylie
- Dallas Neighborhood Map Data coming online this weekend; work session is happening either Saturday or Sunday
- Classroom Committee - Gus Reiter
- Creative Arts Committee - Haley Moore
- Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
- Having a Learning Pottery Video on Aug 30 at 11am. For more details see Events calendar or wiki Foundry Committee page
- Created a Stained glass working on project shelves.
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- Machine Shop Committee - Bryan Gangwere
- Power should be connected to the HAAS, Bridgeport, and possibly the Colchester (I'm out of town and cannot verify)
- Initial tooling package for the Bridgeport has been agreed upon. Will include:
- Small selection of end mills
- Face mill
- Assorted 5C collets and a spin indexer
- HAAS Training
- Curriculum has been finalized and inaugural session has been scheduled.
- Needs have been assessed and tooling is being worked on.
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Thermostat for RTU #6 move to the lecture room, which should resolve the A/C issue there.
- Pillar room is serviced by RTU #1, located in the small conference room. We are investigating moving it to the pillar room.
- Floor mats for the doors have arrived, should be installed by Thursday meeting.
- Roomba donated, now tirelessly* patrols the hallways for dirt.
- First-Aid Kits deployed, there are now 4 in total. We still need to put a label on them that ops should be contacted if anything is used from it (so we can restock).
- Project Storage revamp in progress. Please abide by the project storage rules.
- New floor mats installed to help keep carpet clean. Please wipe your feet.
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Steve Reeves
- Public Relations Committee - Steve Blanchard
- Workshop Committee - Alex Rhodes (pro tem)
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Discuss timing and requirements for open house / build out done party (Brandon Green)
$200 project allocation for Workshop clean cam project (Brandon Green)
Problem: Some people are not adequately motivated to clean up after themselves
- Use crowd sourced analysis of time lapse video footage to publicly shame those who leave a mess
- Use raspberry pi's deployed in ceiling above work areas that use camera and video processing to only record key frames of something happening
- The wifi enabled pi's will have a website that users can go to when they find a mess, by looking backwards in time they can tag the offender
- After being reviewed by someone to prevent false positives the picture is emailed out to the mailing list showing the member not being excellent
- People will have more incentive to clean up, and more people will be motivated to come work on projects because they can expect a clean work area
- $200 will be enough to purchase 2 rasperry pis($35), pi cameras($30), wifi adapters($10), power adapters($6)
- Will be a group project with several scheduled build nights to involve as many interested makers as possible
Quorum was not met.