Regular Member Meeting 20130314
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
- 1 Time, location
- 2 Approval of prior minutes
- 3 Officer/Committee reports
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Adjournment
- 6 Minutes
- 7 Draft Minutes
19:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee)
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
Modification of Standing Rules on Store and Lost and Found (Andrew LeCody)
The Storage section should be renamed "Storage / Lost and Found" and read:
- Individual storage areas will be available for each member:
- Each storage area is approximately 10"x16"x24"
- The individual storage area is located in the warehouse
- Personal items left at the space will be handled by any member, according to the following rules:
- Do not open any personal belongings, abuse/damage items or otherwise invade the privacy of the owner.
- If possible, attempt to contact or discover the owner.
- The item should be tagged with the current date and placed in the "Lost and Found", located in the security room.
- If after one month the item has not been claimed, a member of the Operations and Facilites Committee can determine if the item is a donation for the Makerspace or may dispose of the item.
- Projects (and materials for them) can only be stored in designated project storage area, but must take up a minimum of space.
- When possible, place your project in a container before storing.
- Project storage is available in the security room and warehouse. Please use the warehouse unless the item must be stored inside.
- Projects must be labeled, and include the names of the members working on the project.
- Projects should be presented as active at the Weekly Meetings and members are urged to create a page on the wiki and place it in the Projects category.
- Projects can be stored in committee controlled rooms, as long as they follow the committee's guidelines and have filled out the "DMS Project Request Form" and filed it with a member of the Board of Directors.
- Projects and materials that do not follow these rules, will be handled accordingly:
- Projects will be moved to the project storage area (if possible).
- Unlabled projects will be tagged with the current date and a request to be labeled appropriately.
- The Operations and Facilites Committee will make an effort to identify the owners of the project.
- If the project remains unlabeled and unclaimed for more than two weeks, a member of the Operations and Facilites Committee can determine if the item is a donation for the Makerspace or may dispose of the item.
- Personal food items will be cleaned from the fridge on a periodic basis, with a schedule posted on the fridge.
In order to facilitate these rules, shelving will be provided in the security room and the warehouse with clear labeling that reads "Project Storage" and a copy of these rules. A lost and found area will be created in the security room and labeled appropriately. A security camera will likely be placed in the security room to reduce the risk of theft.
Modification of Standing Rules on Donations (Andrew LeCody)
Rule #1 of the Donations section should be reworded to read:
- Donations of usable items MUST be approved by a member of the board or the comittee in charge of the location in which the item will be stored/used.
Modification of Standing Rules on Code of Conduct (Andrew LeCody)
The Code of Conduct section should be rewritten to read:
- Maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.
- All members are required to "Be excellent to each other".
- Be trustworthy. Let others know what you're working on, and work to resolve any safety concerns or space use conflicts.
- Respect the personal property and workspace of others. Don't destroy anything that wasn't brought here to be destroyed.
- Don't remove tools or supplies from the space without permission from the Cribkeeper.
- The Dallas Makerspace does not tolerate harassment in any form.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance; deliberate intimidation; stalking or following; harassing recording; unauthorized use of electronic devices or online accounts; sustained disruption of events or disturbance of workspaces; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- Follow all posted notices.
Note: draft version of meeting minutes go to the Talk Page first, upon ratifying at the *next* meeting they will be moved to the normal page.
----------------------------- 20130314 1957 passing around regular voting member attendance sheet Guests Melvin Hall from Red Oak, TX https://twitter.com/mdhtoday Looking to start a hackerspace Robert Perkins blacksmithing; electronics Chris Anderson looking for sign language classes Aaron Whitaker Steven photography, looking for a job electronics, stereos, forging, woodworking, aluminum work Marcel Chris Martini Just searched for Makerspaces electronics, robotics Projects Door monitoring project, Paul Br 2026 Andrew bringing meeting to order Regular meeting 25 in attendance Andrew L proposes to accept the prior minutes as they are Daniel J seconds Vote: 20 Nays: 0 Abs: 2 Committee Chair reports Operations and Facilities Committee Andrew L reporting Working on POs with companies like Sams Got vents installed in roof PAD for radio gear is on the root Laser cutter is switched to the new vent Action item; Andrew L will check with DPRG as to what the OReilly books in *front* of the bookshelves is, if they are DPRG books or not 2035 Financial Committee, Paul B reporting P&L report At 140 members 2040 Public Relations Committee, Mike E reporting Tyler Makerfair coming up--flyers, business cards May be doing another shirt run Requests for blog entries 2044 Security Committee, Andre L reporting Roof work; the PAD, non-penetrating roof mount The wifi link has been tested from ADC to Downtown Dallas 2047 Amateur Radio Committee, Mike E reporting HF tranceiver setup, details for controlling it Looking for sites for Field Day 2013, the last weekend in July it needs to be a big flat field with nothing around, it is a 24 hour event 2049 AV Committee, no report 2049 Bio Committee, no report 2049 Classroom Committee, Paul W reporting Shrinking the screen, consoles mounted beneath the screen Shifting the projector to the center tile Plans for lighting upgrades 2051 Craft Room Committee, John G reporting Talking about moving to the Bio Room's space Some discussion about new technology, Darcy is running that Mold making 2052 Electronics Robotics Committee, Daniel J reporting Oscilliscope class was a success Moving the rack, it is not sufficient and is week Getting bits for the soldering station Now have Metcal's on each bench; they shouldn't ever leave the room 2057 Warehouse Committee, Paul W reporting Projects going through; need a clean-up day The scrap wood area is in disarray As a group, need to crack the whip; the work surfaces are not storage Looking at getting a band saw soon Discussion about enforcing rules, signs, difficulties Need to get more bins from Ikea 2104 Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee), Andrew L reporting Bokeh filter last friday 2105 Open Source Ecology Committee, Craig F reporting Have had two guests from the OSE farm, joined March 1st Gabby was here making seed balls, but has moved List of ideas Swamp cooler, 5gal jug Air drop, converts air to water... Software defined radio A friend has farm equipment for sale MIT $400 radar, 2 coffee cans, can make radar that can see for 1 KM 2108 Life Makers Committee, John G reporting 2110 3d Fab Committee, Andrew F reporting PolyPrinter Update on Rostock Max build Next Meeting is ?? 2115 Old Business New business Modification of Standing Rules on Store and Lost and Found (Andrew LeCody) 2120 Discussion of item Andrew L proposes acceptance of the item as proposed. John G seconds. Vote: Aye:17 Nay:0 Abs:1 Motion passes 2128 Modification of Standing Rules on Donations (Andrew LeCody) Andrew L proposes acceptance of the item as proposed. John G seconds Vote: Aye:16 Nay:0 Abs:0 Motion passes 2129 Modification of Standing Rules on Code of Conduct (Andrew LeCody) Paul W motions that this item be tabled for next meeting John G seconds. Vote: Aye:unanimous Nay:0 Abs:0 Paul W motions to adjourn Kent B seconds Meeting adjourns at 2130