Digital Media Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Digital Media Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the AV room and equipment.
- Train DMS members and committees to produce meaningful, professional content for audio, video, virtual content, and software development. Student to Teacher Ratio of 1:4 – 1:6
- The Digital Media Committee includes Audio, Video, 3D modeling, and software development.
- Members will have opportunities to collaborate on DMS and personal content throughout the year.
Digital Media Room Policies
Reserving the Digital Media Space
The Digital Media Committee thanks you in advance for keeping the space clean and usable for all Dallas Makerspace members.
With increased usage, It is HIGHLY recommended that you reserve the digital Media Room if you have a special project. This can be accomplished by adding an event at http://dallasmakerspace.org/calendar/ page, and clicking "Add Event"
12 hours maximum occupation per day, unless approved by the digital media committee chair.
- Please allow yourself at least one hour setup and one hour for clean up. You will see the "New Event Request landing page.
- Please fill out your Event Title add "PRIVATE SESSION" if you are reserving time for your project. Please enter your start and end dates/times, select
- Numbered list item Digital Media under event location, uncheck eventbrite and meetup, and click “
- Reservations to the Digital Media Room takes precedence over walk-ins.
- Walk-ins should place a sign at the Digital Media room if they are actively using it.
- Maximum duration in the Digital Media room is twelve hours.
- Please ensure that the room is put back in place before you leave. Always leave the Digital Media Room in the same or better condition as you left it.
Digital Media Workstation Policies
- Please inform the Digital Committee Chair if any of the equipment is in disrepair.
- DO NOT move the Digital Media workstation from the workstation table.
- The Digital Media Workstation accessories do not leave the workstation table.
- Best Practice is to reserve the room in order to reserve the workstation.
- Maximum duration to reserve the workstation is twelve hours.
- Keep the workstation and accessories in good condition. Clean if necessary.
- Due of the equipment expense, any negligence may lead to temporary suspension.
DMS Owned Sony RX-10 Policies
- Prerequisites: Member in good standing, state issued ID, 3 prerequisite courses.
- Reservations are required. Please e-mail Digital Media Committee Chair to reserve the camera. When you have received a calendar invitation, then your time slot is reserved.
- Member must have attended the 3 prerequisites courses in order to check out the camera (Shot Composition 101, General Camera Usage, Care and Usage of the Sony RX-10).
- Camera may only be used on the DMS Premises.
- Maximum check out time is twelve hours.
- Camera will be located in the locker outside of the Digital Media Room.
DMS Owned Sony Tascam DR-70D policies
- Prerequisites: Member in good standing, 1 prerequisites course (Audio Recording 101).
- Tascam may only be used on the DMS Premises.
- Maximum check out time is twelve hours.
- Tascam will be located in the locker outside of the Digital Media Room.
- Reservations are required. Please e-mail Digital Media Committee Chair to reserve the Audio Recorder. When you have received a calendar invitation, then your time slot is reserved.
- Info on its usage is available here: File:Tascam dr7d cheatsheet.pdf
- Jay Johnson(chair)
- Chuck Graf
- David Smart
- Mitch Cerroni
- Adam Oas
- Abel Ramirez II
- Haley Moore
- Ken Purcell
- Robert Alexander
- Krissy Heishman
- Nick McCarthy
- Joshua McDonald
- Tom Thomas
- Heather Williamee
- Travis Zinger
How To Join
- Log into your google account. (or send an e-mail to the address at the bottom of this page requesting to be added)
- Request to join the av mailing list by clicking HERE.
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
- AV Committee discussions are held via the forums:
- Google Group: