Open Source Ecology Committee
This committee has been marked as inactive.
Please do not edit this page. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information on how committees are organized.
The Open Source Ecology Committee's responsibilities are to help reach the goals of the Open Source Ecology Project (www.opensourceecology.org)
- Jose "Nick" Sainz (EE & kiln expert)
- John Haskins (Blacksmith, DMS treasurer)
- A Raspberry Pi is in the OSE top tote (next to the sand in the warehouse). If anyone wants to experiment with it, please do. Just don't lose the instructions.
- The Fluxeon Roy 1200 kit has arrived at Dallas MakerSpace. Here's a link: http://www.fluxeon.com/Roy1200open.html
- The "commissioning guide" link gives an idea of the excitement of turning it on for the first time.
- Craig has received both 2200 F and 3000 F refractory cement (about 16# of each). Crucibles can be made DIY from these materials (obviously not for high temperature metals, though).
- Craig obtained a crucible:
- The heat sinks have been attached. An enclosure has been purchased. Copper wire has been formed that matches the crucible (above).
How To Join
- Log into your google account. (or send an e-mail to the address at the bottom of this page requesting to be added)
- Request to join the OSE mailing list by clicking HERE.
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
All online Open Source Ecology Committee discussions are held via the forums: