Board of Directors Meeting 20140618
This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
19:30, Dallas Makerspace
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- 3d Fabrication Committee - Lisa Selk
- Amateur Radio Committee - Benjamin Groves
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Automotive Committee - Michael Lass
- Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd
- Civic Hacking - Stephen Wylie
- Classroom Committee - Gus Reiter
- Creative Arts Committee - Julio Nieto and Haley Moore
- Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- Mill Committee (HAAS) - Bryan Gangwere
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Steve Reeves
- Public Relations Committee - Steve Blanchard
- Workshop Committee - Chuck Graf
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Authorization To File Form 428 (Rejection of Appointment)
Problem: The Dallas Makerspace was designated as a registered agent without our consent. The Board of Directors has made it clear that we do not want to be the registered agent for any other organizations. Affiliated non-profits are allowed to use our location as their business address only, and only if an agreement is approved by the Board of Directors beforehand.
Solution: Authorize Andrew LeCody (President) to file and sign Form 428 (Rejection of Appointment). Formally declaring to the State of Texas that we reject our appointment as registered agent for "Freedom To Fabricate The Future".
Relevance to our tax exempt purpose: Being a registered agent incurs some legal liability, with regards to service of process and other legal notices. Rejection of appointment helps to protect our organization from involvement in outside legal matters.
Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors Meeting Wednesday June 18th, 2014 Attending: Andrew LeCody, Andrew Falgout, Pearce Dunlap, Benjamin Groves, Robert Davidson Meeting called to order at 7:59pm *** PRIOR MINUTES *** - Prior Minutes Passed *** CONSENT AGENDA *** - Nothing Pulled, Single Item Passed *** NEWS *** - Items Purchased: - Oneida Dust Control System - Metal Purchased for Personal Storage Shelves - 100 Ikea Boxes for committee moving (and later use as totes) - Construction costs lowered ~$2000 in reality versus estimation (monies saved) - Andrew LeCody meeting with contractors to pick colors for vinyl tile - FiOS is running into a couple of complications (finding the fiber drop) - Tables that were being made have some complications - Move at full speed in last weekend of month - 10am to 8pm - Truck Rental Next board meeting on Friday June 27th, 2014 at 7:30pm Meeting adjourned at 8:43pm