Board of Directors Meeting 20140601
This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
- 1 Time, location
- 2 Prior minutes
- 3 Officer/Committee reports
- 4 Consent Agenda
- 5 New business
- 6 Minutes
15:00, Dallas Makerspace
Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.
- 3d Fabrication Committee - Lisa Selk
- Lisa S is the new 3D Fab Chairperson
- Rostock 3D Printer continues to make progress. Most recent involved some hardware necessary modifications.
- I have asked that members working on the printer please update the wiki to reflect the current status.
- Prelimary Planning for the move has begun. A wiki page has been set-up to document related needs & wants: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Plans_for_the_New_3D_Fab_Room_-_Big_Move_2014
- WANT: The three recliner chairs currently located in the Ladybird Lounge be used in our New 3D Fab Room - if they are not going to be used in a "Lounge" setting at the new location.
- WANT: The "Element" Flat Screen TV mounted on the wall in the current Ladybird Lounge be used in our New 3D Fab Room - if it does not already have a designated use at the new location.
- See additional details regarding these two "WANTS" on the wiki page linked above. Thank you!
- Have begun looking into options/possibilities to set-up a full body 3D scanning station once we move ~ w00t!.
- Amateur Radio Committee - Benjamin Groves
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Automotive Committee - Michael Lass and Aaron Leiter
- Bio Committee - Andrew Floyd
- Civic Hacking - Stephen Wylie
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Creative Arts Committee - Julio Nieto and Haley Moore
- Electronics Robotics Committee - Daniel Jackson
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Foundry Committee - John Kuhlenschmidt
- Doing a casting demo Sunday with Steve.
- Plan on a glazing info class in the next month.
- May have a new wheel/kin on loan/donation. Will now more later.
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole LeCody
- Public Relations Committee - Steve Blanchard
- The PR Committee is having a meeting June 2nd at 7pm.
- Workshop Committee - Chuck Graf
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Correct Past Reallocation (Paul Brown)
Problem: On 11/25/2012, the board reallocated $25.25 from a previous allocation for a HF Radio Transceiver. This was $10 more than was in the fund and it's causing a negative amount on our "Funds Report".
Solution: Change the previous reallocation to only the left-over amount after the HF Radio Tranceiver purchase.
Switch Electric Service (Paul Brown)
Problem: The electric for Ladybird has been on a variable rate (9.5 cents per KWH, yikes!) since April. We are also moving to a new building soon and will need a contract for that building as well.
Solution: Allow Paul to enter into a contract with an electric company of his choosing.
Currently, I'm considering Tara Energy for 5.49 cents per KWH for 24 months:
Relevance to our tax exempt purpose: Having electricity to keep the lights on and the air conditioner running is critical to our educational, scientific, and charitable goals.
Sign Verizon FIOS Contract (Paul Brown)
Problem: Signing the contract for internet in the new building requires board approval.
Solution: Authorize the Dallas Makerspace's officers to sign the contract for internet service with Verizon.
Relevance to our tax exempt purpose: Most of our classes involve the internet in some way.
Reimburse Robert Davidson for the purchase of a HEPA Filter for Metal Working (Robert Davidson)
Problem: Robert Davidson went out and purchased a Filter to solve a need of filtration at the new bldg. Reimburse Robert Davidson for the purchase of this item.
Filter 450$ Switch 32.90 Contactor 140.71
Solution: Authorize the expense of 623.61 to reimburse Robert Davidson
Relevance to our tax exempt purpose: Welding is a big part of what we do at Dallas Makerspace these filters help keep our members safe.
Member Mailing List
Problem: There are several non-members (lapsed membership or otherwise non-paying) on the main mailing list.
Solution: Discuss whether non-members should be allowed on the main membership mailing list.
Board of Directors Meeting -- June 1st, 2014 Meeting called to order at 3:39pm. *** Prior Minutes *** - Prior minutes have passed *** Committee Reports *** *** Consent Agenda *** - Sign Verizon Contract - Pulled for discussion - Pass the item as-is - Proposed by Andrew LeCody, seconded by Robert Davidson - Motion Passes Unanimously *** New Business *** - Authorize the Dallas Makerspace Officers to extend the lease for Ladybird and/or Monroe space for one month, from July 1st to August 1st - Proposed by Andrew LeCody, seconded by Andrew Falgout - Motion Passes Unanimously - Offer up to 10 lifetime memberships, at $2700 each. Offer is a limited time, until July 1st - Lifetime membership are for individuals membership only, standard family addition rates apply - Proposed by Andrew LeCode, seconded by Pearce Dunlap - Motion Passes Unanimously - Member Mailing List - Begin actively culling the Dallas Makerspace general email list member list to current members only - Table this topic for after the move *** Next Board Meeting (Budget Focus) *** - Wednesday, June 11th at 7:30pm Meeting adjourned at 5:48pm.