Plans for the New 3D Fab Room - Big Move 2014
- 1 Time to Make Plans for the New 3D Fab Room
- 2 Let's Build a Custom Filament Cabinet
- 3 Network Drops Requested
- 4 Misc Requests
- 5 Wish List
- 6 RoomSketcher Mock-up of one way we can set-up the new 3D Fab Room (on Monetary)
- 7 Label Information / Descriptions of Labels used in the RoomSketcher Images
- 8 Photos from the previous 3D Fab Room (on Ladybird)
- 9 Photos from our New & Improved 3D Fab Room (on Monetary)
Time to Make Plans for the New 3D Fab Room
As the lease at our current location comes to an end on July 1st, we must begin making plans for our New 3D Fab Room at the New Dallas Makerspace Location. The 3D Fabrication Room will be located in room #04 at the new 'Space in Suite #104 at: 1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
Let's Build a Custom Filament Cabinet
The Board of Directors has approved spending so we can purchase or build storage for the 3D Printer Filament. I would like to look into building two or three of these - optimally one near each 3D Printer Table.
Network Drops Requested
Minimun: Four Lines (can be two drops x two lines)
Preferred: Six Lines (can be three drops x two lines)
2x: Currently have two PCs (for the two PolyPrinters)
1x: Will need another PC (for the Rostock Prisma 3D Printer that will work.... someday)
1x: Within the next year, I plan to have a full body scanning rig that will need a computer or laptop.
1x: For the Mine Craft Server ;)
1x: For another future (hopefully within the year) 3D Printer (double-wide or resin)
oh 'n the Security Camera, of course...
I would like to request that the three recliner chairs currently located in the Ladybird Lounge be used in our New 3D Fab Room - IF they aren't going to be used in a lounge-type area at the new 'Space. They will fit nicely and will provide a place for members to comfortably wait in the 3D Fab Room while their files print.
I would like to request that the "Element" Flat Screen TV mounted on the wall in the current Ladybird Lounge be used in our New 3D Fab Room - IF it isn't going to be used in a better suited area at the new 'Space. This would serve the following purposes:
- Members will be able to 'cast' instructional YouTube videos to learn more about the 3D Fabrication Processes available.
- Members will be able to view miscellaneous programming at times no-one else is watching educational material on the TV.
- At times that members are not actively watching content via Chromecast, a playlist of 3D Fabrication Related Instructional Videos can be played from the local file server.
Provided for the Board of Directors' Meeting on June 11th 2014
|Item||URL if available||Urgency||Quantity||Approx Cost Per Unit||Estimated Total Cost|
|30"W x 48"L desks/tables for the PolyPrinters / PCs||[One Red], [One Yellow]||High||2||$94.99||189.98|
|30"W x 48"L desks/tables for desks/tables for the (Rostock/PC) and (David Scanner/PC)||[One Red], [One Yellow]||High||2||$94.99||189.98 - See NEXT Line for ALT to this line|
|30"W x 72"L desks/tables for the (Rostock/David Scanner/PC)||[One Yellow]||High||1||$116.99||$116.99 - See PREVIOUS Line for ALT to this line|
|Good Surge Protector Power Strips like the recent ones purchased at the 'Space||Unknown||High||2-4||?||?|
|Reasonably comfortable and nice looking chairs to use at the tables/desks. Bonus if they roll!||[Sample 1], [Sample 2]||High||4-6||$30-$50||$120-$300|
|Filament Storage (built or bought)||Unknown||Medium||2-4||Unknown||$150-$250 (roughly based off price of KALLAX units, plus modifications needed for the filament)|
|Something "comfortable" to sit on during hours of waiting on prints to finish (like the recliners we currently have in the lounge)||Unknown||Medium-Low||1-3||Free if current one from Lounge becomes available. Otherwise $300-$800||Free if current one from Lounge becomes available. Otherwise $300-$800|
|One 42" Flat Screen TV||Unknown||Low||1||Free if current one from Lounge becomes available. Otherwise approx $300||Free if current one from Lounge becomes available. Otherwise approx $300|
RoomSketcher Mock-up of one way we can set-up the new 3D Fab Room (on Monetary)
Label Information / Descriptions of Labels used in the RoomSketcher Images
1. Peg Board to Hold Filament (x3) - 17w x 12d x 50h 2. Small Computer "Desks" (x2) - 50w x 30d x 29h 3. PolyPrinter Deluxe (x2) - 16w x 25d x 18h 4. Office Chairs for Desks (x4) - 32.7w x 31.5d x 40.5h A. Desktop PC B. Monitor 5. Filament Grinder/Extruder (x1) - 25w x 25d x 14h C. Extruder Stand (x1) - 26w x 26d x 26h D. Filament Scrap Box 12w x 12d x 12h E. "Element" Flat Screen TV (or similar) 6. Large Computer "Desk" for Double-Wide (x1) - 72w x 30d x 29h 7. David Scanner (x1) - 16w x 16d x 16h 8. PolyPrinter Double-Wide (x1) - 35w x 25d x 18h F. Picture - from Heather? ;) 9a & 9b. 3D Scanner Frame with Kinects (x1) - 26w x 26d x 90h 10. Rotating Platform Scanning Table for 3D Scanner (x1) - 40" Diameter 11. Display Shelves (x2 - next to each other to make one) - 28w x 12d x 84h (total 56w) 12. Shelves Like the DMS T-Shirts are on (x1 - Under Security Camera) - 11.8w x 11d x 74.8h 13. Recliner End Sections (x2) - 32w x 42d x 40h 14. Recliner Mid Section (x1) - 38w x 42d x 40h G. Picture - the one I printed & framed? H. Laptop 15. Work "Table" in Center of Room (x1) - 60w x 30d x 29h 16. Office Chairs for Center Table (x2) - 28.9w x 30.2d x 32h a. Misc Decorations b. DMS Member Being Scanned (lol)
Photos from the previous 3D Fab Room (on Ladybird)