Board of Directors Meeting 20140427

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.

Time, location

19:00, Dallas Makerspace

Prior minutes


Officer/Committee reports

Committee chairs are requested to provide their reports in writing. Reports can be short bullet-points.

Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Approve Financial Committee Overspending (Paul Brown)

Problem: Last year, the Financial Committee went over budget after accidentally having two WHMCS subscriptions concurrently. WHMCS said they would not be able to refund the charges.

Solution: Approve spending Paul Brown's donation of 24.95 to be spent on the Financial Committee overspending.

Approve Film Release For The Integer Group (Andrew LeCody)

Problem: One of our new corporate members would like to record work they are doing on their projects and has asked us to sign a film release clarify that this is acceptable. They have made it clear that they only intend to film their own projects and will ask (and seek a film release) anyone else before including them or their project in a shot.

Solution: Authorize Andrew LeCody to sign the film release presented by The Integer Group.

Photography Committee Chair (Andrew LeCody)

Appoint Steve Reeves as chair of the Photography Committee.

Rename "Discretionary Fund" to "Directors Fund" (Benjamin Groves)

Problem: The term "Discretionary Fund" is misleading in that it implies unneccesarry spending, or spending without purpose.

Solution: Change the phrasing of "Discretionary Spending" to "Director Spending" to more accurately reflect the nature of this fund (to cover the day-to-day" spending involved with running the Makerspace.

Remove Aaron Leiter from co-chairmanship of the Automotive Committee (Benjamin Groves)

Problem: Aaron Leiter is no longer an active member of the Dallas Makerspace. As Automotive Committee co-chair, decisions of that committee should involve him and Michael Lass. Aaron's absence impedes Michael's abilities in his role.

Solution: Remove Aaron as Automotive Committee co-chair, leaving Michael Lass as our single Automotive Committee chairperson.

Old business

These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.

New business

Formal Complaints

One formal complaint and been filed and will be heard.

Smoking At The Space

Time will be set aside at this meeting in order to gain consensus on this topic.

New Space Search (Robert Davidson)

Problem: Our Lease is expiring we need to identify a new location for Dallas Makerspace.

Solution: Discuss and Possibly decide on a new location.

Create Recurring Allocation for Creative Arts Committee (Haley Moore)

Problem: Creative Arts Committee has no recurring allocation, and as such every time we need money, we have to come to the board.

Solution: Every month, allocate an additional $100 to the Creative Arts Committee. This will be used to buy consumables for the creative arts room.


20140427 1928
Andrew L calling meeting to order.

Present: AndrewL, AndrewF, RobertD, PaulB, PearceD, BenjaminG

Meeting Called to order at 7:28pm

Prior Minutes Passed in Totality.

Consent Agenda Passed in Totality.

New Business:

Formal Complaint : Smoking at the Space
  - Discussion with John Haskins and Cone Johnson

Meeting break at 7:50pm
Meeting back to order at 8:05pm

Smoking at the Space
  - Noted, there is a Dallas city ordnance that covers smoking in public areas
  - Resolution Topic Close:
    - Andrew LeCody proposes we don't do anything as this is already covered by law (seconded by Falgout)
    - Unanimous approval, we do nothing as the law already exists and any action on our part will be redundant

Create Recurring Allocation for Creative Arts Committee
  - Fund purpose for Creative Art Committee : Recurring purchases and incidentals
  - Fund request is actually for $50 (not $100 as written)
  - Funds offered of $300 as one-time allocation to Creative Arts Committee
    - Funds are intended to be used for core-tools, incidental costs, and maintenance for the Creative Arts Committee to further their Educational Goals
    - Seconded as written by Andrew Falgout
  - Unanimous approval, one time $300 fund allocation as written above  

New Space Search
  - Noted, we are interested in the location of 104 Monetary in Carrollton
  - We are currently waiting for word on an approval of our credit request
  - Prices per square foot are noted
    - 16575 square feet in the space total
    - Price quoted is $5.50 to $5.85 per square foot per month
      - Add an operational fee of $1.70 per square foot per month
    - Includes a $26,787 pool for Tenant Improvement
      - Overages paid by Dallas Makerspace
  - HVAC under warranty for 150 day
    - Largest maintenance per HVAC unit (of 4) is $1000
  - Once our credit is approved:
    - We will post a workshop layout and allocation plan
      - Power
      - Air Conditioning
      - Sound
      - Debris and dust accumulation
  - There is an outdoor working area
  - Query about what we need to do about our evacuation of the Ladybird space
    - Fixing of the doorway between the two sides of our current space
    - Expect some cleanup and repair
  - Resolution: Table this discussion for further followup later
    - Seconded by Falgout
  - Unanimous approval

Additional Agenda Items
  - Query about insurance for the Haas Mill and Laser cutter
    - Action item for Robert Davidson

Dallas Makerspace Fellowship Fund
  - Proposal to give 3 months of Dallas Makerspace membership Justin Keiser, allocated form the Dallas Makerspace Fellowship Fund
  - Put to vote by Andrew Lecody, seconded by Andrew Falgout
  - Unanimous approval

Add Chuck Graff to be a procurement officer
  - We would need to review procedure and policy with Chuck
  - Robert propses to promote Chuck Graff to Procurement Officer
    - Seconded by Benjamin
  - Unanimous approval, Chuck is approved to Procurement Officer

Next meeting scheduled for May the 15th at 7:30pm

Meeting closes 8:53pm

Next meeting: 20140513 1930