Dallas Makerspace hosts a thriving community of film and digital photographers. We celebrate most camera holidays, explore locations, restore vintage cameras, and hold classes and workshops.
If you're a Dallas Makerspace member and would like to join the photography group, it's easy. Add yourself to the list below; tell us about yourself and your interests. If you use flickr, you can also add a link to your photostream. To keep up to date on DMS photography plans and projects, please subscribe to our photography mailing list through Google Groups. We also have an area in the DMS forum where you can post about photography.
All Dallas Makerspace members are welcome to participate in photography group projects at any time. Feel free to add your name to this list if you'd like to be included in our internal group communications and planning meetings.
Interests: Lomography, film developing, film scanning, vintage cameras, collecting antique photograph
Interests: Vintage cameras and lenses, film photography, digital photography, pinhole cameras, found film, free software for photography (e.g. GIMP, UFRaw, Gthumb, Qtpfsgui)
Interests: Vintage cameras, film development, print making, photo screen printing, camera hacking, cross-processsing, film salvaging
Interests: Photography (mostly film), medium format, portraits (dog and human), software development.
Interests: digital photography, ubiquitous photography and videography, large scale photographic data processing, medium format photography, large format photography, infrared photography, ultraviolet photography, holography, vintage photography processes (wet plate collodion, ambrotypes, tintypes, etc.), Photoshop, landscapes, nature, underwater, astrophotography, portraits, nudes
Information and Tutorials
- Vintage Cameras - A guide to buying, repairing, and using vintage cameras
- Camera Calendar - we maintain a listing and iCal feed of all known camera holidays
- DFW Photo Location Guide - we've started a list to share cool locations for photo shoots
- Steevithak's Crappy Cameras - a list of cameras Steve has repaired and tested with links to photos
- Leaving Dakota Tour - We hosted a 2010 exhibit of Philidelphia Photographer Kyle Cassidy's work
- Camera Obscura - Dallas - Steve Reeves has started a local variant of the "crappy camera club" open any Dallas photographers who want to meetup, show off, and use vintage film cameras. We've had an initial meeting. More info soon on future meetings.
- North Texas Film Photography Flickr Group / Dallas Film Photography Club (Meetup.com) - Marc Weintraub is an organizer and admin for the Flickr group and photography club that focuses on meeting like minded photographers and promoting the use of film.
|Meetup.com:||Dallas Film Photography Club||http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Film-Photography-Club/|
|Flickr:||North Texas Film Photography||http://www.flickr.com/groups/dfw_metro_argosy|
|Facebook:||North Texas Film Photography||https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthTexasFilmPhotography/|