Board of Directors Meeting 20130519
This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
- 1 Time, location
- 2 Prior minutes
- 3 Officer/Committee reports
- 4 Consent Agenda
- 5 Old business
- 6 New business
- 7 Minutes
19:00, Dallas Makerspace
- 3d Fabrication Committee - Andrew Falgout
- Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen
- Aerospace Committee - Romeo Espana
- Bio Committee - David Rostcheck
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Craft Room Committee - Doug Emes
- Electronics Robotics Committee - David Fenyes
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown
- Laser Committee - William Petefish
- LifeMakers Committee - Lisa Selk
- Open Source Ecology Committee - ?
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole LeCody
- Public Relations Committee - Otto Wagner
- Security Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Warehouse Committee - Paul Wilson
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Reimburse Paul For Welding Screens (Paul Brown)
Problem: When welding occurs in the warehouse, there are lots of ways people can walk into the warehouse and unexpectedly catch a glimpse of the arc.
Solution: Reimburse Paul Brown for the $117.96 used to buy welding screens.
Reimburse Paul for Steel (Paul Brown)
Problem: We needed square steel tubing to build shelving for project boxes, warehouse workbenches, frames for the welding screens, and various other projects for the makerspace. Paul Brown would like to be reimbursed for the $289.10 worth of steel he purchased for DMS.
Solution: Reimburse Paul Brown for the $289.10.
Rules Change: Events (Andrew LeCody)
Simplify the Events section of the Standing Rules to read:
1. Events must be on the official calendar to be considered scheduled. Contact the PR Committee at [email protected] to have your event scheduled. 2. Scheduling of events is done on a first-come basis. 3. Scheduled events take priority over unscheduled events. 4. Scheduling conflicts should be worked out peaceably by the affected parties. Disputes will be arbitrated by members of the board, or by the Board of Directors as a whole. 5. All events must be sponsored by a current member, who must be present during the event. 6. Donations are encouraged but not required to hold events. 7. Guest access to the facility will be limited as required by the event. 8. Terms and Conditions for events can be dictated and modified by the Board of Directors. === Events Charging Entry Fees === 1. For any use of the space where an entry fee is charged, a minimum 25% of the sale price for each fee goes to the Dallas Makerspace. 2. If no fee is charged to members, use of the space is free. A non-member entry fee may still be charged. 3. If an entry fee is charged, it is requested that a lower rate be available for Dallas Makerspace members. If a lower fee is charged, a minimum 15% of the sale price for each reduced rate fee goes to the Dallas Makerspace. 4. Tools/materials can be sold for the event and will not count as an entry fee as long as members are given the option to bring their own suitable tools/materials.
Funds For New Couches For 2995 Ladybird (Paul Brown)
Problem: The couches in the lobby of 2995 Ladybird are showing significant wear, and need to be replaced with something more presentable.
Solution: Allocate $600 to purchase replacement furniture for the lobby in 2995 Ladybird.
These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.
20130519 Board Meeting 1922 AndrewL starts meeting Present: Andrew L, John G, Paul B, Peter S Minutes pass. Call for pulling agenda items Rules Change: Events (Andrew LeCody) Funds For New Couches For 2995 Ladybird (Paul Brown) Passes on consent Reimburse Paul For Welding Screens (Paul Brown) Reimburse Paul for Steel (Paul Brown) 1926 Committee reports 3d Fabrication Committee - John G reporting Andrew F has made progress on the Rostock. Laser Committee - John G reporting Working on details for the CO2. Discussion on consumption of CO2. Aerospace Committee - John G reporting Storage Wars filming changed to Monday, 20130520. Classroom Committee Wall has been knocked down Financial Committee - Paul Brown Has not done the books for last month. LifeMakers Committee - John G Still looking for a grill; AndrewL will provide one. Open Source Ecology Committee - (Inactive) Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody "Doing the usual krap." Need a recycling dumpster. Discussion about generic space items. 1941 1945 Public Relations Committee - Otto Wagner Focussing on grants "Dallas Underground" Paul W reporting South Side on Lamar was great; would be a good location for a Mini Makerfair Also, really should have had a booth similar to the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, need a hobby scale Full Spectrum Laser; also local 'cons. 1951 Security Committee - Andrew LeCody Need an RFID reader; also need to fix the latch on the new space. 1953 Warehouse Committee - Paul Wilson Need to organize the new space; the old space is being more utilised now that there is freed up area. 1958 New Business Rules Change: Events (Andrew LeCody) Andrew L proposes to accept the changes to the rules. Seconded by Paul B Vote: Aye: 3, unanimous 2006 Funds For New Couches For 2995 Ladybird (Paul Brown) Discussion John G will contact Mezquite for a quote for tiling and carpetting Paul B will get quotes for tiling and carpetting 2014 Paul W, note--we need to have an area plan for the rooms. John G, the craft room has money budgetted, but needs some more for remodelling the room. Alan W, Automotive committee Discussion Andrew L proposes the creation of the Auto Committee John G seconds Vote: Aye: 3, unanimous Nay: Abs: 2034 Andrew L proposes that we amend the donation section of the Rules and Policies such that vehicle donations must be approved by the Board of Directors. John G seconds Vote: Aye: 3, unanimous Nay: Abs: Andrew L proposes that the Board approves the donation of Kent Bowling's car (Maxima) to the Makerspace. John G seconds. Vote: Aye: 3, unanimous Nay: Abs: 2049 Romeo E 2052 Andrew L proposes that the Board authorize Romeo E to represent the Dallas Makerspace, in the contract"Authorization To Use Name/Product/Logo Release" with "Original Productions, LLC, 308 W. Verdugo Avenue, Burbank, CA, 91502, 818-295-6966" and the contract "Location Release" with "Original Productions". John G seconds Vote: Aye: 3, unanimous 2104 Andrew L schedules the next Board of Directors meeting for Sunday, June 30, at 1700. 2108 Andrew L adjourns meeting.