Board of Directors Meeting 20130317
This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
18:00, Dallas Makerspace
- Financial Committee - Paul Brown will report on the status of our finances.
- Public Relations Committee - Nick Sainz will report on the status of the PR Committee's programs.
- Security Committee - Andrew LeCody will report on the status of the security system and network infrastructure.
- Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen
- AV Committee - Chris Kirby
- Bio Committee - David Rostcheck
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Craft Room Committee - Douge Emes
- Electronics Robotics Committee - David Fenyes
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Warehouse Committee - Paul Wilson
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole Greeley
- Open Source Ecology Committee - Craig MacPherson
- 3D Fabrication Committee - Andrew Falgout
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
3D Printer for the DMS Funding (Andrew Falgout)
- Problem: The monies give to create a new 3D printer for the space were redirected to purchase the poly printer. Since it has been added to the space, it has been in almost constant use, and each print takes from 30 minutes to 5 hours for some jobs. A second printer at the space is required to meet the needs of the user base.
- Solution: I seek $500 in funding to complete the Rostock Max.
3D Printer initial supplies (Andrew Falgout)
- Problem: The new poly printer uses 1.75mm filament, and most of the users at the space purchased 3mm filament. When the donated plastic runs out, there will be nothing for the DMS members to use for printing.
- Solution: I request $100 purchase basic colors for the printer. The users will weight the end product as well as any misprints, and pay a collection box for the amount. This amount will be placed back in the 3D Fabrication fund to restock plastic that is used.
Reimbursement for Vent Supplies (Andrew Falgout)
- Problem: $55 was spent out of pocket for supplies used for the laser vent move.
- Solution: Requesting reimbursement for the $55 spent.
- Paul's Notes:
- Actual amount is $55.12.
- $785 was spent on laser vent work, so $15 is left over from the previous board allocation.
- Only $40.12 allocation needed, but we will still write Andrew a $55.12 check.
- Paul's Notes:
These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.
20130317 Lame Duck Board of Directors Meeting 1820 Andrew L bringing meeting to order. Present: Andrew L (Proxying Nicole L) John H Robert D Peter S Congratulations to the new Board of Directors. Prior minutes, accepted. Andrew L proposes that control be handed to the new Board of Directors. John H seconds. Vote: Aye: 5 Abs: 0 Nay: 0 Andrew L adjourns meeting at 1821 1821 Andrew L bringing meeting to order. Present: Andrew L Paul B Robert D Peter S John G Prior Minutes accepted. Call for agenda: 3D Printer for the DMS Funding (Andrew Falgout) 3D Printer initial supplies (Andrew Falgout) Reimbursement for Vent Supplies (Andrew Falgout) Officer/Committee reports 1823 Financial Committee, Paul B reporting At around $6000 in the General Fund. Still spend around $3 or $4 thousand monthly. Need to create balance sheets, monthly. $50/mo memberships, 80 members. $30/mo memberships, 12 members. $40/mo memberships, 7 members. $35/mo memberships, 26 members. Annual members, family memberships. Public Relations Committee, Robert D reporting Activity in PR; now up to 15 members. Working on an actual meeting, waiting on Nick. Discussion about PR, by the board. 1839 Security Committee, Andrew L reporting Progress on the wifi link. Will be re-doing stuff in the server room. Pairing down the gear. Will be cleaning the shelving in the server room. Maybe a security camera over the Lost n Found. Ebay items were sold. 1843 Amateur Radio Committee, Andrew L reporting Talking about scheduling new classes; haven't yet 1844 AV Committee, no report. 1846 Bio Committee, Mark H reporting Need shelving to be assembled Action item: Bio Committee to list the Aquaponics system and Tent on Ebay. 1850 Classroom Committee, Paul W reporting 1851 Craft Room Committee, Romeo E reporting Allocations for expendibles 1855 Electronics Robotics Committee, no report Operations and Facilities Committee, Andrew L reporting Refrigerator needs a new light. 1956 Warehouse Committee, Paul W reporting Action item: Andrew L will contact Greg N regarding allowed trainers for the Cabinet Saw. John H reporting on Blacksmithing 1904 Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee), Andrew L reporting Will be moving Friday Foto to bi-weekly 1907 Open Source Ecology Committee, Robert D reporting There's copper and metal available for anyone to use. 1908 3D Fabrication Committee, John G reporting The new printer is really popular. Building a Rostock Max. Lisa is working on cameras for the interior. Plans for new printers. 1918 LifeMakers, John W reporting 1923 John H new agenda item; 10 minute recess 1934 re-convening Curtis ; was approached to start a non-profit, UTD, SMU, Grand Prairie High School Kenney Institute, wants to have classes; Old City Park, have manual lathes and mills Have a new facility off of 30; CNC mills and CNC lathes. In their classroom they have manual mills, lathes, and CNC http://kenneyind.com/ 1946 John G, Remeo E, new agenda item; Quad-copter and drones getting lots of traction at the space. 1953 1958 Pulled Agenda items: 3D Printer for the DMS Funding, Andrew F Discussion John G proposes that $500 be allocated for the project as proposed. Robert D seconds. Vote: Aye: 4 Nay: 1 Abs: 0 Motion passes. 2013 3D Printer initial supplies, Andrew F Paul B proposes that DMS provides $100 to the 3d Fabrication Committee contingent that they have a collection box for consumables and signage regarding this. Andrew L seconds. Vote: Aye: 5 Unanimous Nay: 0 Abs: 0 Note: The income from the collection box goes back to the 3d Fabrication Committee. 2023 Reimbursement for Vent Supplies, Andrew F Paul B proposes that DMS give $40.12 to the Facilities and Operations Committee to reimburse Andrew F. Robert D seconds. Vote: Aye: 5 Unanimous Nay: 0 Abs: 0 2026 Andrew L proposes that the new Board appoints Andrew LeCody as President, Paul Brown as Treasurer, and Peter Smith as Secretary. John G seconds. Vote: Aye: 5 Unanimous Nay: 0 Abs: 0 2028 John H Enforcement of Committee reports have been lacking. New action item: Andrew L to send an email to Committee chairs (or the DMS membership) reminding them of the requirement of Committee updates. 2034 Robert D Currently we lack a security system and this is causing us to not be compliant with our theft insurance. Andrew L proposes that DMS authorizes $500 in spending for Alarm system and access control system. John G seconds. Vote: Aye: 5 Unanimous nay: 0 Abs: 0 Andrew L adjourns at 2043 --- Action item: Bio Committee to list the Aquaponics system and Tent on Ebay. Action item: Andrew L will contact Greg N regarding allowed trainers for the Cabinet Saw.