Board of Directors Meeting 20120902
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
18:00, Dallas Makerspace
- Financial Committee - John Haskins will report on the status of our finances.
- Public Relations Committee - Nicole Greeley will report on the status of the PR Committee's programs.
- Security Committee - Andrew LeCody will report on the status of the security system and network infrastructure.
- Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen
- AV Committee - Chris Kirby
- Bio Committee - David Rostcheck
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Craft Room Committee - Nicole Greeley
- Electronics Robotics Committee - John Haskins
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Warehouse Committee - Paul Wilson
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole Greeley
- Open Source Ecology Committee - Craig MacPherson
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the Talk Page or the mailing list. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.
Equipment Loan Policy
On occasion members have requested to borrow DMS equipment for off-site projects.
A policy should be discussed and decided that would allow or deny a member the ability to do this and if allowed a procedure for doing so and tracking loaned equipment.
Acquisition of Square reader
The Makerspace could greatly benefit from the purchase of and subscription for use of a Square reader.
- Purchase and subscribe for use of a Square reader. (<FIXME:what are the costs?)
Dropping AT&T ADSL Internet
The Makerspace recently acquired TWC cable internet. Since this has been stable and usable, we should now disconnect the ADSL.
- Disconnect the AT&T ADSL Internet service
These are the issues from the consent agenda that were pulled out for discussion. In a perfect meeting, there is no new business.
1821 Andrew starting meeting
- Attending Andrew L, Robert D, Peter S
- Prior minutes approved by consensus.
- Financial Committee Paul Brown reporting
- $9368 in bank account, main account. - $6317.07 is currently allocated to committees - $2350 in the General Fund. - $129 remaining in the Snack fund. - $10002.26 in Savings.
1825 call for questions.
1825 PR committee - Oquz mentioning contact info - Greg Needel demo-ing the Dizzy Fling, with Good Morning Texas, on Tuesday - Absent.
1826 Next meeting Sept 4
1827 Security Committee Andrew L and Robert D reporting - Recent footage was given to DPD regarding a recent incident in the area. - Robert D called David Stevens, regarding some of the cameras. - Robert D mentioning the sentry gun project. - Discussion with regards to TWC and AT&T. A&T was scheduled to be cancelled the date the TWC was installed.
1832 Amateur Radio Committee Andrew L reporting
1833 AV Committee Absent
1833 Bio Committee Paul Br reporting - Some beer brewing, hydroponics, etc, still continuuing. - Romero mentioning some donation water tank. Most of the stuff to be donated.
- Chemicals, reverse-osmosis filter, ~300lbs of coral live rock, should only have to worry about
stocking, several weeks after setup. Only thing does have is lighting. 1836
1838 Classroom Committee - Edward K reporting - Chairs, whiteboards still being installed.
1839 Craftroom Committee Absent - Greg N possibly donating a Reprap. (seeme CNC)
1844 Electronics and Robotics Committee Absent - Edward K mentioning some stagnation in the handling in it. - Romeo mentioning using the WIKI to communicating parts inventory.
Operations and Facilities - Andrew L reporting - Edward K and Paul B handling lots of purchasing, things are getting done.
1849 Warehouse committee - Robert D reporting - Greg N's cabinet saw is in. - Greg N says the saw needs a new connector; Committee says there is one. - Question about training; Greg N says him or Paul W. - Greg N discussing care and operation of the cabinet saw. 1855 1857 1900 - Romeo discussing the CNC mills that we have. Emco, etc. - Greg N discussing long term plans for cutters. -4x4 bed, welded steel, plasma cutting table, toolhead can be whatever.
1912 Photography Lab - Absent
Open Source Ecology committee - Absent
1912 Old Business - Equipment loan policy. - Peter Smith proposes that a rule be added
- "Assets and equipment owned or under the perview of the Dallas Makerspace should remaing on the premises of the Dallas Makerspace at all times."
Andrew L seconds. - Vote: 3/3 Unanimous
1919 - Aquisition of a Square reader. Andrew L proposes that this agenda item be given to the Financial Committee. Robert D seconds Vote: 3/3 Unanimous
1921 - Dropping AT&T ADSL Internet - According to Robert D this is completed; removing this agenda item.
1921 New Business - Robert D, Thermostat - Andrew L proposal:
- "Giving $250 to the Ops and Facilites committee for the purchase (and installation) of a Nest thermostat."
Robert D seconds. 1935 - Vote: Aye: 3/3 Unanimous
- Vending machine, and Mike Eber Andrew L proposes that we give Mike E until September 17th to have the WillCall machine working, or to begin making plans for its removal. Robert D seconds - Vote: Aye: 3/3
1941 AndrewL adjourning meeting.