Board of Directors Meeting 20120610

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.

Time, location

18:00, Dallas Makerspace

Prior minutes


Officer/Committee reports

Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the Talk Page or the mailing list. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Old business

These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.

  • Getting 220V outlet installed. What's the status?
  • Funds were approved to replace laser cutter PC. What's the status? (might need to be delayed until lasercutter fixed)

New business

These are the issues from the consent agenda that were pulled out for discussion. In a perfect meeting, there is no new business.

  • PR Committee is requesting funding for business cards, banners and fliers.
  • Cleaning service budget. Will we declare a budget for a cleaning service?
  • Which cleaning service will we choose? (If we have a budget for it)

Hiring of a Cleaning Person

As discussed extensively in various e-mail threads, we need to consider hiring someone to clean the space.

Proposed Solutions

  1. Oguz Yetkin got a quote of $90 for 3x/month. This would be 1x/month cleaning of everything (including bathrooms, mopping, vacuuming, kitchen, and any "picking up" we might instruct), and 2x/month of cleaning the bathrooms alone. She would charge us $50 for an entire clean, and $20 for bathrooms alone, if we wanted to adjust the frequency of this.
  1. Nick Sainz got a quote of $80/month for 2x cleaning per month.
  • Does the board need to appropriate funds for laser cutter repair?
  • Will the board issue $50 in funds to buy a contractor package of ballasts? (light in the entryway needs to be repaired)
  • In the future, donated items may need to be sold to make room at the space. Do we need to make rules for selling donated items?


Board of Directors Meeting June 10th 2012 Andrew LeCody Nicole Greeley Peter Smith John Haskins Robert Davidson

Meeting called to order by Andrew LeCody at 7:05 pm

Prior Minutes: No issues with Prior Minutes. Prior Minutes pass.

Financial Committee report by John Haskins

  • 12,000 in the bank
  • Working on remapping the funds to be committee based rather than fund based.
  • Tax postcard has been sent off already (990)
  • Sitting at 98 members
  • Rent for DPRG has been paid for new quarter

Action Item: need too do overhaul of badge numbers in the security system.

PR Committee: Nicole Greeley

  • Going to be asking for funding for PR stuff

Security Committee: Andrew LeCody

  • no progress on internet connection, new badge system, radio link, and camera installation
  • Robert Davidson will be taking point on these to help Andrew out.
  • Still need to do mock up of how antenna will be attached to the building for approval from the Wiley Brothers.

Amateur Radio Committee: Andrew LeCody

  • June 23 and 24th the Amateur Radio Committee will be hosting a Field Day.
  • Tower is still getting put together.
  • General Class license class next month

Action Item: Put Field Day on calander.

AV Committee: No one present for report

Bio Committee: No one present for report

Classroom Committee: Action Item: Need to clarify that money allocated by the board can purchase items by consensus of the committee.

Craftroom Committee: Nicole Greeley

  • Organized the room recently
  • Double check allocation for craftroom
  • New Chair (pending committee consensus): Nicole Greeley

Operations and Facilities Committee: Andrew LeCody

  • Power: Andrew spoke with Master Electrician and he will be coming out next week to get the new panels up and running.
  • Breakers are being donated
  • Need to reimburse Paul Brown and Oguz Yetkin for cleaning supplies
  • July 10th is our one year in the space

Warehouse Committee: Paul Wilson

  • Waiting on power issue
  • Metal working side got a bunch of new stuff
  • Multi Machine is on long term loan for the space by Pat Delaney
  • Darkroom Committee: Nicole Greeley
  • Setting up a developing class in July
  • Open Source Ecology Committee: Nick
  • board for the induction furnace might have been damaged
  • Nick will approach the committee about funding for the committee

Consent Agenda: Empty

Old Business: No Old Business

New Business: Agenda Item One: Funds to replace Laser Cuttter PC

    • Need to replace the laser cutter PC. Priced out at about 200 dollars to get the pc up to desired standards.
  • Already have a case and power supply. Can gut the old computer for any parts we need.

Andrew LeCody motions that we authorize $250 dollars to replace the Laser Cutter PC. Robert Davidson seconds. Aye-5 Nay-0

  • Paul Brown will price out and shop for the parts (memory, CPU, motherboard)

Agenda Item Two: PR Committee

  • Want to allocate money for PR purchases. This will include business cards, postcards, and possibly a banner to replace the one in a stand donated by Paul Wilson.

Nicole Greeley proposes 150 dollars be allocated to the PR committee for the purchase of advetising material. Seconded by Andrew LeCody Aye-5 Nay-0

Agenda Item Three: Replacement of Ballast

  • need to possibly replace the ballast of a light in the hallway
  • next time one goes out, will use the Operation and Facilities money to purchase replacement.

Agenda Item Four: Item Donation

  • Andrew wants to create a list of items we will not take (ie CRT monitors)
  • General rule: Cease dropping off donations to the room they want to donate unless approved by the committee.
  • Andrew will write out the formal wording for the list of rules that will outline the rules for donations and then bring before the board again.
  1. Donations of usable items must be aproved by the comittee in charge of the location in which the item will be stored/used.
  2. A "freebie shelf" is availabe for items that are free to use/take for all members. The shelf will be periodically cleared by the Ops committee.
  3. Donations for the "freebie shelf" will be accepted so long as there is availabe free space in the designated area, and as long as it does not conflict with rule #5.
  4. Donations for the "freebie shelf" that do not fit can not be left in the space unless approved by the Ops committee
  5. The following items will not be accepted for donation:
    1. CRT monitors
  6. After donation to the "freebie shelf" please notify the membership of the donation.

Andrew proposes the implementation of a new set of rules (see above) concerning the donation policy. Secondy by John Haskins. Aye-5 Nay-0

Agenda Item Five: Cleaning Service

  • Suggested that we get the cleaning service for the space
  • Pricing was gotten by Oguz Yetkin and Nick
  • Oguz's picing: will clean the space $90/month-Bathroom 3 times a month and space 1 time a month (bathroom, carpets, mop floors, clean kitchen, taking out the trash)
  • Nick's pricing: $80/month (two full cleanings a month, floors, bathrooms, hallways)
  • Would need to supply our own cleaning supplies
  • Cleaners would need a key to the space
  • Nick's is insured, Oguz is looking into insurance

Andrew LeCody proposes that we allocate an additional 100 dollars to the Ops committee for the express purpose to hire a cleaning company. Robert Davidson seconds. Aye-5 Nay-0

Action Item: Robert Davidson will speak with Stan Simmons about moving the motorcycle out of the main space of the woodworking

Action Item: Andrew LeCody will speak with Mike about removing the vending machine as no work has been completed on this since the hard date.

Action Item: Robert Davidson will speak with Doug Emes about removing the plasma TV and TV stand that was unusable. If item is not out by July 1st it will be disposed of

Robert Davidson proposes that Doug removes his plasma tv, tv stand by July 1st or it will be disposed of by the space. Seconded by John Haskins Aye-5 Nay-0

Andrew LeCody proposes that if Mike Eber's Will Call Machine is not working by July 31st then it needs to be removed from the space. Seconded by Nicole Greeley Aye-5 Nay-0

Andrew LeCody proposes we reimburse Robert Davidson 40 dollars for the gas spent picking up a donation for the space. Seconded by John Haskins. Aye-4 AB-1

Action Item: Andrew will work on getting the mame cabinet working by end of July.

Action Item: Talk to DPRG about the process for using the Library.

Next Board Meeting scheduled for July 22nd. Make it a point that there is a 48 hour lockout for the agenda unless all five board members

Action Item: Andrew will put meeting on calander.

Motion to adjourn at 9:30 by Andrew LeCody Aye-5 Nay-0

Money allocated: $250 for new Laser PC $150 for PR supplies $100/month additional to Ops Committee Budget $40 to Robert Davidson for gas reimbursement Total=$540

Draft Minutes

Note: The draft version of meeting minutes go here first, upon ratifying at the *next* meeting they will be moved to the minutes section.