Board of Directors Meeting 20120426

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.

Time, location

21:00, Dallas Makerspace

Prior minutes


Officer/Committee reports

Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the Talk Page or mailing list. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Formation of the Open Source Ecology Committee

Committees must be formed by the Board of Directors per our Bylaws

Proposed Solution

Form the Open Source Ecology Committee

Old business

These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.

New business

These are the issues from the consent agenda that were pulled out for discussion. In a perfect meeting, there is no new business.



Andrew calling meeting to order 20:56

Andrew asks for any objections to previous minutes. No objections, previous minutes pass.

Andrew asking for pulling Ecology Committee report. No objections, passed.

Nicole providing PR committee report. (20:58)

Nick says he can make shirts.

Paul Wilson asking about Akon participation.

Mike Eber 
Paul offering to assist running the booth
Andrew says that an email reminder for the event will be posted to the membership list.

John Haskins providing Treasurer report (21:03)

Currently at 15000 in general funds.
Has not yet moved 10000 into savings.
Reimbursements for workbenches have been provided.
Collections for pledges have not been finished yet.
Jose Sainz (Nick) bringing up questions about insurance.
Membership currently at 92.
Monthly income is around 2000.
Paul Wilson asking about buffer funds for new space.

Andrew providing Security Committee report (21:09)

New server cabinet is in.
Hoping to provide a file server soon for local storage.
Continuiing Work on the web site.
Andrew's new system is still being developed.
Mike Eber, reporting that contact with Austin Hackerspace is going to provide ChaosVPN to DMS.
Wireless link is shared between Amateur radio committee and the Security committee.
Discussion about the wireless link.

Mike Eber providing Amateur Radio Committee report (21:16)

Robert Davidson questioning, how to provide permanent radio antenna installation.

AV Committee Not present (21:21)

Bio Committee Not present (21:21)

Classroom Committee (21:21)

Craftroom Committee No report (21:23)

Romeo has a silent air compressor to loan.
Mike Eber has a cricket machine to loan. 

John Haskins providing Electronics and Robotics Committee report (21:25)

John Haskins   Wednesdays still going strong, solder classes,
Committee has a request for the Operations committtee;

Paul Wilson, John Haskins providing Warehouse (Garage) Committee (21:28)

Electrical work to be completed before saw can be purchased.
Still specc'ing new tools.
John, have a design and prototype for garage shelving artwork/end-caps.
Romeo questioning about gas for the forge.  Andrew saying we may be getting a quote for all the gas work.
Nick says he has a contact that may provide donation or low cost work.  Contact to be provided to Andrew.

Nicole Greeley providing Darkroom Committee Report (21:35)

Steve Rainwater and Nicole have been re-organizing; there are new cameras, tons of books from a darkroom class,
will be doing a developing day, lots of chemicals available.

Nick (Jose Sainz) providing Opensource Ecology Committee report (21:37)

Nick asking how the committee requests funds.
Andrew responding.
Craig Ferguson getting some information about how to document.

Andrew providing Operations and Facilities Committee report (21:43)

Electricity was authorized to spend the funds.
A panel must be purchased, 40 circuit and wires.
Site downtime will be scheduled for the install ahead of time.
Romeo will try and fix the fountain machine
Nick will look and see if he can get a donation fountain machine
Romeo mentioning that a sign of some sort would be good, handed to Nicole (PR Committee.)

Old Business:


New Business

Meeting brought to close at 9:53 by Andrew LeCody.

Meeting Money Allocating: -Move 10,000 dollars to savings (pending) Total: $0