Board of Directors Meeting 20120322

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.

Time, location

21:00, Dallas Makerspace

Prior minutes

Previous minutes

Officer/Committee reports

Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the consent agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the Talk Page or mailing list. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the the agenda's items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Old business

These are the issues that remained unresolved from the last meeting. In a perfect meeting, there is no old business.

New business

These are the issues from the consent agenda that were pulled out for discussion. In a perfect meeting, there is no new business.

Early Authorization Of New Board

The 2012 Board of Directors Election has ended, per Board of Directors Meeting 20111218 the 2012 Board of Directors are to take office April 1st, 2012 to allow time for the 2011 and 2012 Boards to communicate and coordinate hand-off. Since 3/5ths of the 2011 Board has carried over to the 2012 Board, this may not be necessary.

Proposed Solutions

  1. Authorize the hand-off to the 2012 Board, effectively immediately
  2. Hand-off to the 2012 Board as scheduled

Appointment of Officers

If the 2012 Board has assumed office during this meeting, all currently appointed officers will now be at the end of their term and will either need to be re-appointed or replaced per Bylaws#Article 3.3 Officer Terms.


Board of Directors Meeting 3/22/2012 Old Board: Andrew LeCody Nicole Greeley Peter Smith Glenn Pipe

New Board Members: Robert Davidson John Haskins

Called to order by Andrew LeCody at 9:16pm

Andrew LeCody motions to approve last meeting minutes. Seconded by Peter Smith. Aye-4 Nay-0

Nothing on the Consent Agenda.

Old Business: Nothing

New Business:

  • New board takes affect April 1st. Can vote to approve new board at the end of this meeting.

Andrew LeCody motions that we hand off board of directors to new Board of Directors. Seconded by Glenn Pipe. Aye-4 Nay-0

New Board Meeting: Andrew LeCody Peter Smith Nicole Greeley Robert Davidson John Haskins

Andrew LeCody motions that the new president of the Board of Directors remain himself. Robert Davidson seconded. Aye-5 Nay-0

Nicole Greeley motions that Peter Smith remain the secretary for the 2012 year. Seconded by John Haskins Aye-5 Nay-0

Andrew LeCody motions that John Haskins remains the Treasure for the 2012 Board of Directors. Seconded by Peter Smith. Aye-5 Nay-0

Agenda Item One: Cabinet Saw Under Funded

  • Problem: Cabinet saw is underfunded by 200 dollars
  • Peter suggests we go ahead and approve the remaining amount to get this project completed.
  • Power issue: $850 estimate made by electrician to get the needed power into the building.

Peter Smith proposes that we allocate an addition 300 dollars from the Makerspace for the purchase of the cabinet saw with the stipulation we will not purchase until the power issue is resolved. Seconded by Nicole Greeley Aye-5 Nay-0

Agenda Item Two: Moving Money To Savings

  • Currently we are sitting at 14000 in general funds.
  • Suggested that we move 10000 dollars over into savings. This is about 6 months of rent and bills.

John Haskins motions to move 10000 dollars into a savings account. Seconded by Andrew LeCody. Aye-5 Nay-0

Agenda Item Three: Power Issue

  • suggested we get three circuits put in place.

Andrew LeCody proposes we authorize 1000 dollars for electrical work to be purchased by Andrew LeCody. Seconded by Robert Davidson. Aye-5 Nay-0

  • Action Item: When electrician comes out, get a quote on what it would cost to replace the florescent lights.
  • Action Item: Andrew LeCody will meet with E Waste Collections to discuss possible donation/selling arrangement.

Action Item Four: AV Room Conversion

  • Problem: Currently AV room is not being used.
  • Solution: Turn AV room into storage and use that room in part as a server cabinet location.

John Haskins would like the thank the old board for all their hard work and efforts.

Meeting brought to close at 9:59 by Andrew LeCody.

Meeting Money Allocating: -Move 10,000 dollars to savings -$300: Cabinet Saw -$1000: Electrical (Authorization, not allocation) Total: $1300