Regular Member Meeting 20120712
Note: To be held in MIBS SRC3 format
19:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
- Financial Committee - John Haskins will report on the status of our finances.
- Public Relations Committee - Nicole Greeley will report on the status of the PR Committee's programs.
- Security Committee - Andrew LeCody will report on the status of the security system and network infrastructure.
- Amateur Radio Committee - Pat Hykkonen
- AV Committee - Chris Kirby
- Bio Committee - David Rostcheck
- Classroom Committee - John Fields
- Craft Room Committee - Shona Haskins
- Electronics Robotics Committee - John Haskins
- Operations and Facilities Committee - Andrew LeCody
- Warehouse Committee - Paul Wilson
- Photography Lab (Darkroom Committee) - Nicole Greeley
- Open Source Ecology Committee - Craig MacPherson
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm.
- Discuss status of paid cleanings on weekends. Do Nick's cleaning guys still need an RFID badge?
- Discuss adding safety features to the propane forge.
- Discuss allocating funds to build electronics room storage.
- Discuss allocating funds to purchase a 200$ A/C for the Radio/Server Room.
Monthly Meeting 7/12/2012 Robert Davidson Nicole LeCody Kent Bowling Peter Smith Don Fowly William Petefish Andrew LeCody (proxy) Stan Simmons (proxy) Candice LeCody (proxy) Mark Havens Paul Brown Joe Southwell Paul Wilson Craig MacPhearson Lance Preston David Stevens Meeting called to order at 8:37 by Robert Davidson Operations and Facilities Committee: Report by Paul Wilson
- need to do a food run
- AC is currently down
- suggested we start moving away from glass dishes
- Cleaners just got a key. Will start the cleaning next week.
- all projects that were given a deadline will be enforced
Security Committee: Report by Robert Davidson
- a lot of cameras has been added to the space. Several analog and a few IP cameras.
- mentioned we put a camera in the kitchen. Topic will be tabled for the time being.
- putting cameras in warehouse for liability
- new door latch for propping door open
Bio Committee: Report by Mark Havens
- hydroponics system has been set up.
- got a light for the system and got water cycling.
- current list of plants to grow: tomatoes, peppers, cilantro
- suggested we have homemade salsa for open house
Classroom Committee: Report by Paul Wilson
- screen has been mounted onto the wall
- surround sound has been configured
Electronics Committee: Report by Kent Bowling
- currently building milling boards
- topic has been thrown around about re-organizing the room
- server cabinet has been removed from the electronics rooms
Open Source Ecology Committee: Report by Craig MacPhearson
- nothing to report
Warehouse Committee: Report by Paul Wilson
- a lot of stuff has been picked up
- power by the end of the month
- need to purchase the saw
Craftroom Committee: Report by Nicole Greeley
- Artist Night Out this coming Monday
Darkroom Committee: Report by Nicole Greeley
- Developing demo on July 21st
Kent motions to approve prior meeting minutes. Seconded by Paul Wilson Aye-17 Nay-0 AB-0 New Business Paul Wilson motions to allocate $2000 for the repairs on the AC unit. Seconded by Joe Southwell. Aye-15 Nay-0 AB-1 Robert Davidson motions to reimburse $200 to the Paul WIlson for the purchase of a portable air conditioner. Seconded by Joe Southwell. Aye-15 Nay-0 AB-1
- money to pay for the estimate of the AC repair will come out of the over flow of the repairs on the AC this Saturday.
Robert Davidson proposes that we raise the Operations and Facilities fund to 150 a month. Seconded by Paul Wilson. Aye-15 Nay-0 AB-0
Meeting adjourned at 9:21 by Robert Davidson.
Note: draft version of meeting minutes go to the Talk Page first, upon ratifying at the *next* meeting they will be moved to the normal page.