Learn information security via hands on infosec labs and CTF challenges.
Classes / Workshops / Events
Skill level: Varies <Master|Grand Bastard|Neo> Event Schedule:
Locksmith Class 101
Come out and learn hands on how locks, tumblers, and picks work.
All skill welcome, none required. A set of tools and locks will be provided to share but feel free to bring your own.
Free copy of the MIT Guide to Lock Picking will be available after class and patreon supporters/Committee donors will get a Yoopik Lock Set w/Clear Lock.
Skill level: Varies <Neophyte|Initiate>
- Presentation on basics of locksport
- Hands on lab
Capture The Flag (CTF)
VCC Computer Committee will be hosting infosec training sessions and a Capture The Flag (CTF).
C'mon down to the makerspace for some late night hacking. Do some networking with other security professionals, get your laptop setup for security.
Each CTF grants 1 CPE credit hour for either EC-Council or ISC2 infosec certifications.
Skill level: Varies <Neophyte|Initiate|Master|Grand Bastard|Neo> (typically Neophyte or Initiate with invites to higher levels)
- Keysigning (sharing gpg keys via keybase.io and linkedin profiles) [optional for attendees]
- Presentations held by volunteers and members on Steganography, Cryptography, Infosec, Security, DevOps
- Introductory lecture on the core subject for the Capture the Flag event
- Capture The Flag
The Capture The Flag is geared towards beginner/intermediate participants. But advance participants are welcome and attendees with higher levels of skill would be invited to the more challenging events.
Doing the installfest one will have a chance to bring their laptop and have get some help with setting up the following:
- Tails and Kali Linux
- Adding security tools to your Linux host
- Virtual machine swaps (bring external hard drives)
- Building your own hacklab
- Getting published in 2600, BinRev, and/or Phrack.