Computer Committee Meeting 20190515
Unanimous - For Dwight S. No Other contestant.
Take 104 lobby but if something opens up better then we'll take that. Cavate (spelling?) committee to work on a project to secure items on display and tools in the area.
Events and fun
- Texas Linux Fest May 31st - June 1st (Irving convention center) - Lets play (Aug 9-11) - Booth $175 - General Avaliblity - 50/50 2x2 classes with SDC and VCC - Chat with vector about attendance - QuakeCon - Defcon - approach the board about a single booth for presence
- Meetup Pilot Program (vcc and dms promotion) - Jo (lead) - Peter (support) - Phone phreaking with payphone - Mame Terminal and Racky McRack
- Work on core classes and promotional material about them - Jo is A+ cert and can teach CompTIA A+ prep - Material - Comptia prep - Intro to Web Dev (js, html5, css, etc.) via freecodecamp - Python and ML Classes (coding dojo) - MLH hackathons - CTF - Locksport - Docker - DevOps - Further discussion online (talk/chat) - history of computers and general intro to computers for people that don't like computers (@jo) - Microcontrollers
- Core mission message - Build a connection with Retro computer meetup (david f.)
- Expansion To be a clean slate - Next machine: Document first before on display - Dwight to lead documentation of 'racky mcrack' and mime cab terminal - Dwight to document docker cluster - Should have demo and instructions for the machine
- David volunteers as program directory for radio and youtube - 8-bit guy collab
- Ben - Capt - Bill - Dwight - Helen (mojop) - Peter - Mike_Fredick
- Get attendees access to kanboard - Update kanboard with user stories based on above - Team to plan PR events online - Team to document events, projects, and classes - Jo to lead test pilot for meetup