Computer Committee Meeting 20181024
This meeting will be held in MIBS SRC3 format.
20181024 (20:00), Dallas Makerspace
Meeting adjourned at approximately 20:45
In attendance: (2 attendees)
Meeting started 20:00
|Profit and Loss|
|Sept 1, 2018 through October 15, 2018|
|Total Income||$ 200|
|Total Cost of Goods Sold||$ 0|
|Gross Profit||$ 200|
|Total Expenses||$ 0|
|Net Operating Income||$ 1810.92|
|Total Other Expenses||$ -150.00|
|Net Other Income||$ 0|
|Net Income||$ 1660.92|
|Monday October 15, 2018|
|Computer Committee Available Funds|
|Total General Fund||$1810.9275|
Interactive Computer Museum report
The committee has been donated a Payphone for use as a project. The computer committee has agreed to use it for building a Raspberry PI Cluster inside it and having it work with the VOIP phones around the space.
A future event will be scheduled to map out working payphones around the Dallas area and collect numbers to arrange a dial in conference which will be published in 2600 Hackers Digest.
- Input SIG met this past week and had a fair turn out - Space Ship Simulator SIG has allowed VCC to host an event - Crypto SIG has been working on articles and petitioned the Category:Board_of_Directors to allow donations by bitcoin. - Civic Hacking is on hiatus
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting. Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $200 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".
- Website Hack-a-thon: - Issue: Committee Needs a working website and very little bandwidth has been allocated towards this resolve - Delta: - Create a bug bounty (budget $50) for resolve with gitcoin and post a hackathon event on the calendar and meetup - Host on community grid as computercommittee.dallasmakerspace.com - Use Github as kanboard, git repo, and development tracker - Add project in accounting sheets - Create epics for redesign
- Recruitment campaign: - Issue: Not a lot of awareness is there about the committee - Delta: - Hire Graphic designer with a budget of $150 from fivver to design 3 new fliers - Order 250 each Budget of ($75) - Hand out doing tour night, visit coding dojos, meetups, and student body counsels to introduce - Work with User:thespacemaker to produce an intro video and host on patreon, youtube, meetup, reddit, dms blog, and committee website
- Community Grid Hack-a-thon: - Issue: Community gird is nearly complete but issues with VM Storage has blocked usage - Delta: Create a bug bounty for resolve with gitcoin (budget $50) and post a hackathon event on the calendar and meetup
- Malum Hack-a-thon: - Issue: Development has slowed - Delta: Create a bug bounty (budget $150) for resolve with gitcoin and post a hackathon event on the calendar and meetup
- Grant submitting: - Issue: Development has slowed - Delta: post a hackathon event on the calendar and meetup, have group leadership submit a paid time off (volunteer) for the time.
- Issue refund for donations - Issue: Denzuko has payed for tools out of pocket - Delta: issue receipt of donation and submit for repayment then add to inventory
- Committee Rename and joining of assets, inventory, finance, teams: - Issue: Too long has there been pressure from the board and confusion from our target audience - Delta: Change VCC/SDC to Computer Committee - Action items: Add to Board of Directors' Agenda
- Reschedule Node.js user group and freecodecamp classes - Fridays
- Discuss ideas for Demo days on Tour nights besides case modding and release shark tank.
Bug bounties: $250 PR: $225 Donation buyback: $100
- December Lan party
- User:Narkane has a goal to raise $2000 towards the committee before elections. While User:Denzuko has set a milestone of $300,000.00 from grants, live stream pledges, patron subscribers, services, and fund matching donations.
- User:Denzuko has also set a challenge to the committee to strengthen recruitment efforts with a contribution matching donation towards bug bounty funds if the committee can regularly release code for DMS and committee projects each quarter. Further more, publishing opportunities have been presented to the committee if these goals are met before the years out.
- Committee agreed that efforts should be placed on focusing towards having content for patreon, blog, and social media. While more outward efforts towards meetups and hack-a-thon events such as coding dogo, ctf, and hardware hacking should be the committee focus on top of the STEM Program and programming services to Dallas Makerspace and members. To achieve this the committee will potion the board for a regular operations budget and setup the Patreon Account, Paypal Account, Linkedin, Volunteer Match, and Coinbase accounts in a way that is supported by Category:Finance Committee. The committee will hire a regular article writer to produce blog articles on Dallas Makerspace blog and hackaday which are educational and correlate with the committee mission.
|Status||Item Description||Responsible Party|
|[ ]||Allocate $600 to Spending for Public Relations, Events, and Operations.||Committee Chair|