From Dallas Makerspace
- We are getting behind and need to backfill notes from prior meetings - sorry!
- With its original mud obtained from under the DART line bridge near the Makerspace (containing much clay), the Mudwatt was producing low voltage - from 40-130 mV, not consistent, and with the polarity reversed, indicating the reaction was not taking place as expected (the aerobic end should be the anode)
- We had previously decided to replace its mud with new mud
- At this meeting, we secured some new mud from Bachman Lake and rebuilt the Mudwatt
- We spiked the mud with activated charcoal obtained from new Brita water filter refill. It also contains an ion exchange matrix, which is apparently polystyrene spheres intended to trap heavy metals; theoretically should not hurt.