Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Science Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Promote and support the sciences at DMS
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the Science Lab area.
- Organizationally and administratively support science related classes
Science Committee exists to educate members in scientific, engineering and technical subjects not covered by other committees or groups at Dallas Makerspace, based on member interest and available resources. It facilitates this goal through its children Special Interest Groups (SIGs) by providing resources for SIG projects and areas of study.
Research Interests and Projects
- Laser Technology
- Nuclear Physics
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Planetary Science
- Committee Chair: Josh Melnick
- Committee Vice-Chair: Kobin Caddick
- Lab Manager: David Radcliff
- Purchasing Officer: Kobin Caddick
- Adair Claycomb
- Ben Puig
- Brian Terry
- Ian Jaeger
- Ken Purcell (@Lampy)
- Oguz Yetkin
- Scott Renkes
- Jerry Ethridge (@jerryet)
- Daryl Barth
- Christopher Williams
- Rob Virkus
- Leadership should include a detailed financial report with every formal meeting.
- Proper chain of appeal for issues within the committee. (Serious issues should be taken directly to the DMS Board or proper authorities).
a. It should first be discussed privately with the most appropriate appointee or project lead. b. If the issue is not resolved, it should be escalated to the committee chair and discussed privately. c. If it is still not resolved, it should be brought up for discussion at the next regular meeting among committee members in person. d. Final attempt to address the issue should be added to the agenda for the next formal meeting as new business. It should be submitted 1 week prior to the formal meeting.
Meetings are posted in advance on the events calendar
- Upcoming Committee Meetings
- Previous Meeting Minutes
How To Join
- Send committee chair an email or talk to them at Makerspace
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
Science Committee discussions are held via the forums and Google+:
All pages related to the Science Committee.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Science
Pages in category "Science"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- Neural Electric Interface Working Group (NEIWG)
- Notes 20110526
- Notes 20110602
- Notes 20110623
- Notes 20110630
- Notes 20110707
- Notes 20110714
- Notes 20110728
- Notes 20110915
- Notes 20110929
- Notes 20111110
- Notes 20111222
- Notes 20111229
- Notes 20120105
- Notes 20120112
- Notes 20120126
- Notes 20120202
- Notes 20120209
- Notes 20120216
- Notes 20120614
- Notes 20120621
- Notes 20120628
- Notes 20120902
- Notes 20121602
- Science Committee Library
- Science Committee Meeting 20162704
- Science Committee Meeting20150828
- Science Committee Meeting20150919
- Science Committee Meeting20161904
- Science Committee Meeting20162004
- Science Committee Projects
- Science Lab Equipment
- Science.Biomedical subcommittee Meeting20150924
- Strawberry DNA extraction protocol