Regular Member Meeting 20111013
Note: To be held in MIBS SRC3 format
19:00, Dallas Makerspace
Approval of prior minutes
Note: there are no prior minutes.
Lost 6 members ($230/mo) gained 7 new members ($345/mo)
Net gain of 1 member and $115/mo
The General account closed last month with $7,868.68, up $732.84 from the previous month.
We have many current projects, they ended the month with $1,756.20 available to them.
|A/V Room||$200.00||no activity|
|CNC||$1,021.76||doesn't include reimbursements yet|
|Electronics Room||$59.19||hadn't quite finished getting component bins|
|Move||$52.73||will likely be closed sat|
|Office Supplies||$(12.69)||negative at the moment, should be corrected sat|
|Other||$105.00||was for the tv power supply will likely be closed sat|
|Warehouse Workbenches||$102.53||no activity|
Operations and Facilities Committee chair, Shona Haskins will report on the status of the build-out.
Note: The normal cut-off time for agenda items is the Sunday prior at 11:59pm. For this meeting the cut-off has been extended to Wednesday, October 12th at 11:59pm.
- Problem: We don't have enough power outlets in the warehouse
- Why: There are currently only two usable outlets in the warehouse, so in order to use any equipment we must run extension cords to the equipment. We are also unable to run certain pieces of equipment concurrently, as it is a single 20 amp circuit.
- Solution 1: Authorize $150 to build out power along the east wall, per Electrical Buildout#Stage 1: East Wall, 110
- Solution 2: Continue to use extension cords
- Problem: Bio room needs some protective equipment and storage
- Why: To start setting up basic lab safety protocols, we need lab coats and safety glasses for people to wear, and likely need to buy those. We need a coat rack for the coats (can probably scrounge one), at least one cabinet for general storage to keep the room clean, and ideally a separate locking cabinet for chemical storage.
- Solution 1: Authorize $500 to purchase: 5 additional lab coats, 5 safety glasses, general storage cabinet, used metal chemical safety cabinet per List of lab equipment
- Solution 1: Authorize $300 to purchase: 5 additional lab coats, 5 safety glasses, one new general storage cabinet, defer chemical safety cabinet until later
- Note, any time "new" is specified, we would try to find used first if possible
- Problem: We need a projector for the classroom.
- Why: The projector we currently have is fairly limited and low-resolution.
Note: draft version of meeting minutes go to the Talk Page first, upon ratifying at the *next* meeting they will be moved to the normal page.