Leaving Dakota Tour
This event has been completed.
This page will remain here to serve as a record of the event.
Dallas Makerspace will be showcasing the work of Philidelphia Photographer, Kyle Cassidy on Friday, March 11th. The photograph series is 24 images depicting a story titled 'Leaving Dakota'. He came up with the idea to send the series on tour and called for volunteers around the world to set up a single night gallery showing of the series. He added the twist of asking each volunteer to interpret the story behind the images and create their own to display and send with the series.
Starting in California at the beginning of the year, the tour will make several stops before making it to Dallas for the March showing.
- Date/Time: Friday, Mar 11 from 7pm to 9pm
- Location: Dallas Makerspace (it's tricky to find, GPS won't get you there, print this map )
- If you're on FB you can RSVP
- Currently the date for Dallas has been set for Friday, March 11th from 7pm to 9pm.
- An email will be sent out to the DMS mailing list with dates for meetings. Meetings will be conducted to talk ideas on group submission and display ideas for the gallery. Dates for meetings will be posted here.
Photograph and Prop Details
- Image Count: 24 (This does not include what images are added by the different tour stop locations)
- Image Size: 4x6
- Two Props:
- Pentagram Medallion
- Ball shaped pendant
- Museum Putty (for hanging images)
- San Diego Friday, December 31, 2010
- Los Angeles Friday, January 7, 2011
- Menlo Park Friday January 14, 2011
- Seattle Friday January 21, 2010
- Olympia WA Friday, January 28, 2010
- Whidbey Island Friday, February 4, 2011
- Denver Friday, February 11, 2011
- La Crosse WI Friday, February 18, 2011
- Chicago Friday, February 25, 2011
- Champaign IL Friday, March 4, 2011
- Dallas Friday, March 11, 2011
- Farmington CT Friday, March 18, 2011
- NYC Friday, March 25, 2011
- Boston MA Friday, April 1, 2011/