Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
Education is one of the primary directives of the Dallas MakerSpace. Our committee is to assist and further this goal.
The Education committee consists of 3 primary divisions:
- Classroom facilities. Making sure there are monitors, projectors, cables, power strips, video adaptors, sound, white boards... Everything to promote a learning environment and support the teachers.
- Calendar Software. It is more than scheduling classes, events, and rooms. Open-source, developed for the MakerSpace. Managing requirements and development is part of this too.
- Teacher Development. Helping teachers begin at the MakerSpace, and helping them become better teachers.
|Position||Name||Talk Handle||Sub Committee|
|Vice-Chair||Nancee Heim||(@designcat)||Teacher Development|
|Vice-Chair||Bill Gee||(@Bill)||Classroom Facilities / Calendar Software|
|First Name||Last Name||Talk Handle|
Footnote for Members
How To Join
Any of the following methods will work
- Add your name to this section, and the committee leadership will update the wiki listing above
- Attend a committee meeting and ask
- Contact the Chair/Vice-Chairs via talk PM
Education Wiki Links
note: pulling links, many of which are very old. Will work on updating / pruning etc throughout summer 2019
- Education_Committee_Meeting_20190518 
- Education_Committee_Meeting_20190707 
- Education_Committee_Meeting_20190907