- Makerspace intro (5 min)
- Makerspace business (15 min)
- hand out flyers to those @ the meeting
- donations: any amount OK
- current funds: $3335 of $6000, Mar 31st goal-- -1 DAYS!!
- current members: 14 (+2)
- budget, $40/month/member?
- need more members
- speak at other group meetings
- post more flyers
- past events
- Mike's Hobby Shop R/C Swap Meet March 27, 10am- "Limited table space on a first come first served basis"
- upcoming events
- Oak Cliff Earth Day is Sunday, April 18, 12pm-5pm. Last day for registration is April 5.
- DFW Dragon Boat Festival May 16. No booth or table available; we will be performing some aerial photography and possibly distributing some fliers
- National Robotics Week at The Generator in Garland. Will have a table there to hand out flyers and demo robots and other projects.
- Group introductions (15 min)
- 1919 @ company|dallas
- 1930 Starting
- 1934 Makerspace items
- 1934 flyers
- 1936 15 members, 2 verbal commitments, 17 total.
- $3585 currently
- 1938 discussing spaces, what we are looking for, what we'd use it for
- we wouldn't want to stay there, expect to move out soon.
- another option is to keep fund raising until we hit the goal to get the large space.
- 3rd option, something between, hoping to find a medium size space, hold-over space, something
- that works for now, a compromised solution.
- "any thoughts about that"
- 1940 some member suggestions about space
- different groups, some people may think they'll waste their money..
- defcon, people were doubtful that it would even happen.
- ed: (1942) find a space that is scalable; thinking about Mike's. If we could get a space with a vacancy next door, we would
- have a space to grow into if needed.
- Mike has no space avail right now, also it is north on I-35, north of 635.
- 1945 Glenn talked to Mike; the dollhouse wallpaper one is 300/mo, sft not known.
- Steve; deep ellum, huge 3 story building; always space becoming avail; having trouble contacting the owner, also at the S end of 75
- "The Continental Gin" building
- 1947 question about DPRG credit; suggestion about buying a building, renting out parts
- Steve; it would be interesting to find houses; find a big old house that 2 or 3k sft.
- steve recommends put the decision off for 2 meeting cycles/2 weeks
- 2001 Ed will set up the phpBB forum
- 2003 Ed will create a form in the Google Discussion List
- 2005 on to the discussion about Earth Day in Oak Cliff
- will have a table
- vermicompost table MarkH
- windchimes out of HD platters
- window gardens
- box kite(s) made from recycled bags
- 2133 meeting over, leaving.
break out for discussions (no limit)
|Chuck Graf||heard about HS from NTLUG|
|Brian Merritt||DPRG, robotics|
|Eric Chaney||DARPA grand challenge robot, looking for work|
|Mike Metzger||Tech consultant, business process, DEFCON, machine vision pinball, RS232 to bluetooth|
|Mark Havens||Solaris system engineer, Makerbot on the way, dad has lathe cnc equipment, working on autonmous quad copter|
|Ed Paradis||Electronics, radio, Software Engineer, Solar powered fridge|
|Alyssa Pipe||robotics, R2D2, CNC, lasers, plasma, wireless, wifi, arduino, AVR|
|Peter Smith||wiki, HOPE conference,|
|Steve Rainwater||photography, web services, robots, sound powered fridge|