- Makerspace intro (5 min)
- Makerspace business (15 min)
- hand out flyers
- donations: any amount OK
- current funds: $3335 of $6000, Mar 31st goal--SIX DAYS!
- current members: 13
- budget, $40/month/member?
- need more members
- speak at other group meetings
- post more flyers
- upcoming events
- Mike's Hobby Shop R/C Swap Meet March 27, 10am- "Limited table space on a first come first served basis"
- Oak Cliff Earth Day is Sunday, April 18, 12pm-5pm. Last day for registration is April 5.
- DFW Dragon Boat Festival May 16. No booth or table available; we will be performing some aerial photography and possibly distributing some fliers
- National Robotics Week at The Generator in Garland. Will have a table there to hand out flyers and demo robots and other projects.
- Group introductions (15 min)
- 7:15 Discussion of host, what they offer, Company|Dallas
- 7:17 Discussion of financial state of DMS, $3335 so far, 13 members, need approx 30 members, 1 month so far
- 7:19 Went over basic inventory of equipment so far
- 7:19 Need to get new members. Point them to the website, project page. Print flyers and distribute them
- 7:20 Went over upcoming events. Mike's Hobby, Oak Cliff Earth Day, Dragon Boat Fest, National Robotics Week at Generator in Garland, EPA Dallas event Thursday, April 22
- 7:21 DMS Questions
- 7:24 DMS Intro
- 7:27 Some brainstorming
- 7:34 Presentations. Who has ones? Anyone has presentation ideas? Electronics in clothing, communications with lasers, recycling plastics, etc
- 7:35 Introductions
- 7:56 Ed's presentation
Ed Paradis presents an introduction on how to use an oscilloscope, signal generator and more.
How to Use Your Oscilloscope and Other Bench Equipment
Have you ever wanted to know how to use an Oscilloscope? What about a function generator? You can probably guess what a Counter does, but what is it good for? Learn how to put electronic bench equipment to good use! We have a great collection of gear and we'll demo its use in this presentation. We'll also go over some of the ways you can get by without a whole set of equipment.
break out for discussions (no limit)
|Jason Billiot||Sales Engineer, robotics, electronics, Sterling engine project|
|Ted Cackowski||future member? physics,|
|Eric Chaney||DARPA grand challenge robot, looking for work|
|Ralph Green||Embedded workshop, automated project, lights, motors, signs|
|Mark Havens||Solaris system engineer, Makerbot on the way, dad has lathe cnc equipment, working on autonmous quad copter|
|Jay Jentig||Electronics, embedded engineer, astronomy|
|Brian Merritt||DPRG, robotics|
|Mike Metzger||Tech consultant, business process, DEFCON, machine vision pinball, RS232 to bluetooth|
|Ed Paradis||Electronics, radio, Software Engineer, Solar powered fridge|
|Glenn Pipe||robotics, R2D2, CNC, lasers, plasma, wireless, wifi, arduino, AVR|
|Steve Rainwater||photography, web services, robots, sound powered fridge|
|Peter Smith||wiki, HOPE conference,|
|Karim Virani||computer vision, web pages, software|