Location: The Generator, 107 N. 6th Street, Garland, TX, 75040
The following DPRG officers were in attendance:
- Ed Paradis, President
- Paul Bouchier, Vice President
- Doug Emmes, Treasurer
- Eric Chaney, Secretary
- Glenn Pipe, Librarian
- Steve Rainwater, Webmaster, grant committee
National robotics week is April 10th – 18th
- There is currently a house bill to make this an annual event.
- Plan a day to hold a tech fest for the event.
- Hold Training classes on robotics. Such as the Arduino and Boe Bot.
- We will need to plan out a schedule and get a location for the event. Possibly at the Museum of science and Nature.
- Invite other groups to participate.
- Doug Emmes will look into getting a space for the event.
- Presentation ideas, Ron’s Key FOB Robot, Glenn’s R2D2 controller, Paul Robot Controller.
All-Con March 13th – 15th: all-con.org at Crown Plaza Hotel
- At this time we did not receive confirmation on the number of tickets
- No word about support from Vex
- Paul Bouchier will organize the event.
Tech Fest: February 21-23: http://www.natureandscience.org
- The event was well staffed and we received a positive reaction from the people we talked to.
- DPRG received press coverage from the event.
- It was felt that the DPRG did not get much by going to Tech Fest.
- Our table was in the Nature Building and received a low amount of traffic.
- Next year, if we attend, our table should be in the Science Building with the rest of the related exhibits.
- The name has been changed from HackerSpace to MakerSpace to avoid bad public perception of the word “hacker”.
- There will be a machine shop as well as computer lab.
- Fundraiser is ongoing.
- http://www.dallasmakerspace.com is running.