Board of Directors Meeting 20200806

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search


Time, location

20200806 19:00
Meeting ID
https://meet.google.com/chc-ynqw-qfb
Phone Numbers (‪US‬)
‪+1 617-675-4444‬
PIN: ‪625 741 483 4617#‬ (Google Meet)

Prior minutes

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200322#Minutes
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200326_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200514_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200612_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200702_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200709_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200715_Special_Meeting

Financial Statement

Member Recognition and Complaints

Member recognition (above and beyond) and member complaints will be considered before other business. This will allow members that are interested or involved with either to leave without having to sit thru the entire meeting.

Old Business

Pay To Play

This item was tabled at the 2020-03-22 Board of Directors meeting for future consideration

Original Item:

Sponsor: Lara Rosenblith

Problem: There has been an increase in the number of training classes being taught for private payment - cash/paypal/venmo/eventbrite. We used to only charge for “skin in the game” or to put money toward maintenance of a tool (i.e. Multicam) for our tool based classes.  “Pay to Play” for required classes can become a conflict of interest/inurement problem and it is unfair to expect members to pay dues and then pay extra for classes before they can use tools.

Solution:We will no longer allow required tool training classes for private payment (venmo, paypal, check, square or any private method akin to receiving cash.)  

  1. Required tool training classes
    1. Must be submitted through the honorarium/calendar system. Furthermore, instructors cannot “double dip” by charging students for instruction and receive personal honorarium.  For example: John Doe can’t charge students $25 on top of the honorarium for his time. Instructors cannot accept private payments at the time of the class unless it is to reimburse for supply/material costs on items that they have personally supplied. **Supply costs should not exceed actual cost of goods.  
    2. If a teacher is not eligible for honorarium due to having reached the maximum, they cannot accept private payment for the class.
  2. Project classes using DMS tools
    1. Instructors may accept private payment for project classes but the project classes will not qualify as required training in order to use the equipment outside of this class.


Consent Agenda

Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of all agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $200 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".


Scheduled Board Meetings

Sponsor: Erik Smith

Problem: The Board often needs to meet on short notice to address items of urgency or requiring closed meetings; the Rules should be corrected to allow for such meetings without the publication requirement so as not to impede the Board's requirements to act.

Solution: Update Rules & Policies Organization Meetings, rule 1 to read as follows:
Board meetings with open agendas shall be posted on the Dallas Makerspace Events calendar


Formal Complaints

Sponsor: Erik Smith

Problem: The present rules imply that the Board is obligated to hear formal complaints - a process that can waste organizational time if the complaint is obviously frivolous or lacking merit.

Solution: Update Rules and Policies Formal Complaints, rule 2 to read as follows:

The Board of Directors may decide through informal consensus to either hold a special meeting regarding this matter or consider it at the next meeting in its cycle.


Appoint Chairs

Sponsor: Erik Smith

Problem: The rules stipulate that committees shall hold Committee Chair nominations prior to the May Board Meeting to be appointed by the Board of Directors. Due to the realities of the COVID-19 shutdown and the 2019-2020 Board operating in caretaker capacity until the Annual Meeting could be scheduled, confirmations have been delayed.

Solution: Appoint the following Committee Chairs:

  • 3D Fabrication : Mitch Cerroni
  • Automotive : Michael Bayern
  • Blacksmithing : Joe Brown
  • Ceramics : April Burk
  • Creative Arts : Judy Kriehn
  • Digital Media : George Kellas
  • Electronics : Art Givens
  • GlassWorks : Anita Willis
  • Computer : Ben Bangerter
  • Hatcher's Armory :
  • Jewelry/Small Metals : Johnny BluJacket
  • Laser : Michael Bayern
  • Machine Shop : Tim Bene
  • Metal Shop : Jim Hartnett
  • Motorsports : Chuck Graf
  • Printmaking : Lisa Gabriel and Robert Hines as co-chairs, Paul Wilson as vice-chair
  • Science : Kobin Caddick
  • VECTOR : Stephen Wylie
  • Woodshop : Ian Lee

Committee Online Meeting Requirement

Sponsor: Jayson Woods

Problem: Currently Committees are not required to post an online meeting link for meetings. Members can't always make a meeting in-person, and with important votes may still want to participate. This has been made more urgent by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic..

Solution: Require Committees to post and hold an online meeting/Link so that members of that committee can have a voice in meeting and stay safe at the same time. This Change would be Required even after the COVID-19 pandemic.


Appoint Treasurer, Secretary, and Logistics Head (Brad Sims)

Problem: DMS needs a treasurer, Secretary, and Logistics Head

Solution: Appint Jason Harner as Treasurer; Ken Purcell as Secretary, and Pearce Dulap as Logistics Head

Relevance: Team work makes the dream work

Dissolve Computer Committee and Hatchers Committee (Brad Sims)

Problem: Computer Committee and Hatchers are not committees that need to own tools or occupy space- which are the two things that separate DMS committees from her interest groups. Both Committees have been given time to develop a compelling case for their continued existence and have not done so.

Solution: Recognizing that these activities, to the extent they are valuable to the membership, can be rolled up into other existing committees, disband these groups as official committees.

Relevance: It makes DMS a leaner and more focused organization.


Purchase Scribe Tool for Dynatorch

Problem: Metal Shop has voted that we want the Scribe tool for the Dynatorch. Dynatorch went out of business this year, and whilst a former employee has manufacturing rights for the machine and tooling we’d like to ensure that, since we want this component, we can get it before it becomes unavailable. Metal Shop has voted to purchase the tool, but only if we can split purchase cost to prevent us from depleting our committee balance. The tool costs approximately $2,000, and at the time of the committee meeting the Metal Shop Committee funds were a little north of this amount. Teaching in the welding bays during the summer is a known problem given the current conditions on general heat output of the machines and lack of effective cooling. As such, we’d like to preserve some operational balance.

Solution: Metal Shop proposes to split the cost of the scribe tool with the general fund in this proposal to the board, at a rate of 50%

Relevance: This tool, like the Dynatorch itself, is a long term investment in shop capabilities. It allows for work that would be inadvisable on the Multicam, and additionally provide benefits for sheet fabrication and other techniques where the resulting cut parts need to be formed on other machinery. Allowing for these capabilities will enable members to learn brake operation and forming with greater ease.


Clarify Communications Policy

‘’’Sponsor’’’ Tim Bene

Problem: Currently the rules for email & communications for DMS Business are not clear enough. This has come to light relatively recently in a complaint. I would encourage that an additional portion of that rule should be that owners or admins are required to be held at our .org email. No outside email admin or owners shall be allowed.

Solution: Clarify the rules that are easily understood, additionally this should be widely communicated amongst the space communications platforms of said rules. This includes posting on the bulletin board in the physical space.

Relevance: To pretend further “Loop holes” or misunderstandings. This will keep us from having to say “You are breaking the spirit of the rule” or similar verbiage.


Online Meeting Requirement

Sponsor: Mike Cole [Draco]

Problem: Currently members are not required to post an online meeting link for DMS official meetings. Members can't always make a meeting in-person, and with important votes may still want to participate. This has been made more urgent by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Solution: Require members to post and hold an online meeting/Link so that members can have a voice in DMS official meetings and stay safe at the same time. This shall be required to be in notices given for the meeting. This shall include but not limited to: board meetings, member meetings, committee meetings and group meetings.


Online Class Honorarium

Sponsor: Jim Hartnett

Problem: Right now classes are limited, and often there are teachers willing but the physical presence can present a problem. The current Pandemic has amplified this. For example, the metal shop Hot Process Safety is typically done classroom side and could be taught online.

Solution: Allow Honorarium for online classes that use our Google Meet. Auditing can be done by requiring recording of the class, and attendance can be tracked via G Suite logins. A considerations is whether to permit dial-in attendance by traditional phone, since one could not validate whom is present or participation.

Relevance: This encourages classes that can be taught online to still be taught despite COVID restrictions, and opens avenues for both students and teachers whom may have trouble with physical presence due to pandemic, disability, or scheduling.

Public Google Meeting Records

Sponsor: Kevin Patel

Problem: Meetings are being held through Google Meet and are being recorded. Yet the public recording are not being made public and downloadable.

Solution: Set Google Apps to automatically record and save meeting recordings to google drive and publish the drive link.

Relevance: Compliance with public record policy without user intervention or additional work.

Special Board Meeting Limits

Sponsor: Mike Cole [Draco]

Problem: Special Board Meetings have been overused and commonly closed. This limits the ability for the membership to take part in and/or observe discussions surrounding agenda items. There is no limit on the number of Regular Board Meetings nor to the ability to move agenda items to a newly scheduled continuance if the meeting goes too long.

Solution: Add to the Rules & Policies Organization Meetings a section to read as follows:
Special Board Meetings may only be held under the following conditions:  

1. The meeting cannot wait until a Regular Board Meeting, or
2. Privacy concerns, or
3. Legal concerns, or
4. Regular Board Meetings are not available.


Procure Proper Lock-Out Tag-Out Stations

Sponsor: Jim Hartnett

Problem: Currently some committees provide LOTO equipment and there is a small bag in the Logistics area. These have mixed items, and are not all in a common location. It additionally does not have clear instructions for use. Whilst the north warehouse has a set of equipment and signage courtesy of Rich Meyer, the South Workshop does not. Additionally, Keys are currently deposited in various areas such as server rooms, committee boxes, or other locations. This creates confusion to members who need to tag out an item, and for whomever comes to repair it that needs to retrieve the key.

Solution: Procure at least one of these units for the south workshop (list $450, currently for sale at $350 time of this writing). In addition to including more locks and a high visibility location similar to the Cintas first aid stations, it includes a drop box for keys. This drop box could be locked, and keys to open it held by the DnO and/or core volunteers. Unlike the server rooms, this would be available to members outside of Infrastructure. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XU7HUA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_lxvdFbZ8AG368

Relevance: Ensures our workshop can operate in a safe manner for our ongoing mission


Lecture Hall Video Hardware

Sponsor: Justin Walker

Problem: With the change in membership needs due to the 2019 SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, online resources are in greater demand. Committee meetings are commonly being held online, but often with a combined online and in-person audience. DMS currently has no conference room solution for these meetings. This is especially relevant if the proposal to require online components to meetings is passed.

Solution: As Google Meet is our de-facto conferencing platform, hardware designed for that platform is a preferred solution. Google certifies some hardware for their platform, and that is the proposed solution. An ASUS Google Meet hardware bundle for Medium rooms, with additional mic/speaker device, packaged together with instructions.

The GMeet hardware is designed for medium conference rooms, 6-10 people. It contains a wide-view 4k camera, mic/speaker combo with anti-feedback and echo features and 360 degree pickup, and a computer with controlling touch-screen with input for additional video sources. An addition "speakermic" would allow for larger meetings.

This solution would be wired into the Lecture hall and secured against theft where possible.

If this proves to be popular, additional kits could be bought and brought online easily. These would be owned by and maintained by infrastructure.

Cost: $2600

Relevance: Ensures our committees can meet regularly per our mission, while keeping an online option that keeps our members safe and engaged.


3D Scanner Purchase Splitting

Sponsor: JJ Perry

Problem: Currently Dallas Makerspace does not currently have the capabilities to scan in physical objects to 3D use cases. The previous scanner was damaged and subsequently “tinkered with”. 3D models can be relevant amongst many committees from 3D printing, to designing enclosures around electronic components, or even fabricating automotive body parts by scanning original equipment.

Solution: JJ Perry presented Creaform scanners are a regularly scheduled 3D fab meeting. Given the request for more information, JJ reached out to Creaform and worked out a deal to purchase a Academic Package. This includes the scanner, 50 concurrent seat licenses to be installed on the network, and a full lesson plan of classes provided to DMS from Creaform. This is in line with what they sell to Universities. A sales person from Creaform did bring in the unit and demonstrate its ease and accuracy before many members at a 3D fab meeting. The entire package, including heavy discounts is $10,290. Due to the extent that a scanner has been requested by membership, as well as the far reaching abilities, 3D fab is requesting a 50/50 split with the board. To that end we are requesting a one time allocation of $5,145.

Suspend (12 months) or Permanently Ban Mike Cole (@Draco) from TALK (item withdrawn per intervening action by TALK moderator team)

Sponsor: M. Blatz

Problem: Mike Cole's (@Draco) online behavior on TALK is far more than "political speech" or occasional venting or "speaking truth to power"; it is now so incessant and intentionally disruptive that it is detrimental to the overall primary function of the DMS discussion forums, damaging to the overall DMS spirit and community, and should cease being tolerated.

Solution: Suspend (12 months) or permanently ban Mike Cole (@Draco) from TALK.

Related Information (Added by Jim Hartnett): Draco has already been silenced from TALK for a period of 6 months after the moderators discussed the matter internally.

Accept the Donation for an Erectorbot large scale 3d printer

Sponsor: Jim Hartnett

Problem: DMS has been offered a custom build Erectorbot 3d printer. The build volume is approximately 12x20x5 feet in size. The printer is configured currently for large spools of 1.75mm filament, and has dual moving heads for either dual printing or attaching a router spindle to the second head for cutting larger materials. The printer includes a heated bed, backup batteries to ensure stable operation, and all support material. This is a professional unit from an architectural firm that is exiting a specific market, and purely looking for the tax write-off. We do not need to do anything to receive this donation. However, due to the size it poses interesting challenges both in deployment and logistics. However despite these challenges, it presents a unique PR and community building opportunity.

Solution: Accept the donation and create a temporary SIG under Public Relations to manage the printer. Unlike 3dfab, it will not be for individual projects. Rather, it will be used to generate PR and print community projects. Such projects can be proposed by the membership at large, and as suitable projects are chosen sent to the printer. Due to the footprint, it is proposed that since Automotive is delayed in moving to the north warehouse we use one of the originally allocated bay spaces adjacent to existing pallet racking to deploy the printer. Since we do not foresee being able to sustain this after automotive fire engineering is complete and construction to move in automotive can begin, it is proposed that the printer be auctioned as a fundraiser when that time comes. When broken down, the printer is made out of extruded aluminum sections, and the heated bed is made of square sections. The bed is able to be stored on a standard pallet, and one long pallet can be used for the extrusion rails (or, these rails can be placed against a wall or on a section of pallet racks). The printer does not have special power requirements and can run on a 120v drop.

Related information: The printer was inspected by Jim Hartnett and Ken Purcell. It was demonstrated to be in working order and not missing any components. The donor is in the Dallas area, and a member has volunteered to provide transportation for the longer components on their flatbed. This printer size is custom from the manufacturer, but a similar design can be seen on the manufacturer website: http://www.erectorbot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=60

New Business

Emergency Items

Items requiring immediate action by the BoD for safety.

Set Next BoD Meeting

Minutes

====
19:05 (7PM) Call to order

====
ATTENDANCE
- Julie Harris
- James Henningson
- Brad Sims
- Justin Walker
- Curtis Baker

====
MOTION: Approve Prior Minutes
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200322#Minutes
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200326_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200514_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200612_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200702_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200709_Special_Meeting
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200715_Special_Meeting
  - Proposed by Justin
  - Seconded by Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED


====
TREASURER'S REPORT (Presented by Brad)

Income:     $4837,17.74
Expenses:   $360,622.09
Net Income: $123,095.65


====
Member Recognition and Complaints

None at this time


====
OLD BUSINESS

5.1	Pay To Play

- AS WRITTEN: "There has been an increase in the number of training classes being taught for private payment - cash/paypal/venmo/eventbrite. We used to only charge for “skin in the game” or to put money toward maintenance of a tool (i.e. Multicam) for our tool based classes.  “Pay to Play” for required classes can become a conflict of interest/inurement problem and it is unfair to expect members to pay dues and then pay extra for classes before they can use tools."

- MOTION: TABLE
   - Proposed by Brad
   - Seconded by Curtis
 - Vote
   -  For Unanimous
   -  Opposed
   -  Abstain
   -  Motion TABLED


====
CONSENT AGENDA


6.1	Scheduled Board Meetings

- Not Pulled

- AS WRITTEN: "Update Rules & Policies Organization Meetings, rule 1 to read as follows: Board meetings with open agendas shall be posted on the Dallas Makerspace Events calendar"



6.2	Formal Complaints

- Not Pulled

- AS WRITTEN: "Update Rules and Policies Formal Complaints, rule 2 to read as follows:

The Board of Directors may decide through informal consensus to either hold a special meeting regarding this matter or consider it at the next meeting in its cycle."



6.3	Appoint Chairs

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Appoint the following Committee Chairs:

3D Fabrication : Mitch Cerroni
Automotive : Michael Bayern
Blacksmithing : Joe Brown
Ceramics : April Burk
Creative Arts : Judy Kriehn
Digital Media : George Kellas
Electronics : Art Givens
GlassWorks : Anita Willis
Computer : Ben Bangerter
Jewelry/Small Metals : Johnny BluJacket
Laser : Michael Bayern
Machine Shop : Tim Bene
Metal Shop : Jim Hartnett
Motorsports : Chuck Graf
Printmaking : needs one chair selected
Science : Kobin Caddick
VECTOR : Stephen Wylie
Woodshop : Ian Lee"

- MOTION: Appoint chairs as written EXCEPT for Printmaking. Instruct the committee to determine one chair and resubmit for consideration
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED


6.4	Committee Online Meeting Requirement

- Pulled by Julie

- AS WRITTEN: "Require Committees to post and hold an online meeting/Link so that members of that committee can have a voice in meeting and stay safe at the same time. This Change would be Required even after the COVID-19 pandemic."

- MOTION: As written with the addition of: "All online meetings will be conducted through Google Meet and recorded, those recordings are to be linked in the minutes when posted to the wiki and the recordings should be saved to the committee's Google Drive."
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Justin
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED

NOTE: Google Meet recordings are initially tied to the host of the meeting. Infra will provide a location for committees to store the files. Host will need to link to the recording in the committee minutes.


6.5	Appoint Treasurer, Secretary, and Logistics Head (Brad Sims)

- Not Pulled

- AS WRITTEN: "Appoint Jason Harner as Treasurer; Ken Purcell as Secretary, and Pearce Dulap as Logistics Head"


6.6	Dissolve Computer Committee and Hatchers Committee (Brad Sims)

- Not Pulled

- AS WRITTEN: "Recognizing that these activities, to the extent they are valuable to the membership, can be rolled up into other existing committees, disband these groups as official committees."


6.7	Purchase Scribe Tool for Dynatorch

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Metal Shop proposes to split the cost of the scribe tool with the general fund in this proposal to the board, at a rate of 50%."

- MOTION: Motion to dismiss
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Julie
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISSMISSED


6.8	Clarify Communications Policy

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Clarify the rules that are easily understood, additionally this should be widely communicated amongst the space communications platforms of said rules. This includes posting on the bulletin board in the physical space."

- MOTION: Motion to dismiss
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Justin
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED

NOTE: Reference to prior minutes https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20190825#Require_Chairs_use_DMS_Email_.28Erik_Smith_on_behalf_of_Jim_Hartnett.29


6.9	Online Meeting Requirement

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Currently members are not required to post an online meeting link for DMS official meetings. Members can't always make a meeting in-person, and with important votes may still want to participate. This has been made more urgent by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic."
 
- MOTION: Motion to dismiss
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.10	Online Class Honorarium

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Allow Honorarium for online classes that use our Google Meet. Auditing can be done by requiring recording of the class, and attendance can be tracked via G Suite logins. A considerations is whether to permit dial-in attendance by traditional phone, since one could not validate whom is present or participation."

- MOTION: Moved to Dismiss
  - Proposed Justin
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.11	Public Google Meeting Records

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Set Google Apps to automatically record and save meeting recordings to google drive and publish the drive link."

- MOTION: Moved to dismiss
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded James
  - Vote 
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.12	Special Board Meeting Limits

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Add to the Rules & Policies Organization Meetings a section to read as follows: 

Special Board Meetings may only be held under the following conditions:  
1. The meeting cannot wait until a Regular Board Meeting, or
2. Privacy concerns, or
3. Legal concerns, or
4. Regular Board Meetings are not available."

- MOTION: Motion to dismiss
  - Proposed Justin
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote 
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.13	Procure Proper Lock-Out Tag-Out Stations

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Procure at least one of these units for the south workshop (list $450, currently for sale at $350 time of this writing). In addition to including more locks and a high visibility location similar to the Cintas first aid stations, it includes a drop box for keys. This drop box could be locked, and keys to open it held by the DnO and/or core volunteers. Unlike the server rooms, this would be available to members outside of Infrastructure. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XU7HUA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_lxvdFbZ8AG368"

- MOTION: Motion to dismiss
  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Justin
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.14	Lecture Hall Video Hardware

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "As Google Meet is our de-facto conferencing platform, hardware designed for that platform is a preferred solution. Google certifies some hardware for their platform, and that is the proposed solution. An ASUS Google Meet hardware bundle for Medium rooms, with additional mic/speaker device, packaged together with instructions.
The GMeet hardware is designed for medium conference rooms, 6-10 people. It contains a wide-view 4k camera, mic/speaker combo with anti-feedback and echo features and 360 degree pickup, and a computer with controlling touch-screen with input for additional video sources. An addition "speakermic" would allow for larger meetings.
This solution would be wired into the Lecture hall and secured against theft where possible.

If this proves to be popular, additional kits could be bought and brought online easily. These would be owned by and maintained by infrastructure.

Cost: $2600"

- MOTION: Table until have additional discussions and information
  - Proposed Justin
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion TABLED


6.15	3D Scanner Purchase Splitting

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "JJ Perry presented Creaform scanners are a regularly scheduled 3D fab meeting. Given the request for more information, JJ reached out to Creaform and worked out a deal to purchase a Academic Package. This includes the scanner, 50 concurrent seat licenses to be installed on the network, and a full lesson plan of classes provided to DMS from Creaform. This is in line with what they sell to Universities. A sales person from Creaform did bring in the unit and demonstrate its ease and accuracy before many members at a 3D fab meeting. The entire package, including heavy discounts is $10,290. Due to the extent that a scanner has been requested by membership, as well as the far reaching abilities, 3D fab is requesting a 50/50 split with the board. To that end we are requesting a one time allocation of $5,145."

- MOTION: Move to dismiss
  - Proposed Curtis
  - Seconded Brad
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion DISMISSED


6.16	Suspend (12 months) or Permanently Ban Mike Cole (@Draco) from TALK
-  item withdrawn per intervening action by TALK moderator team


6.17	Accept the Donation for an Erectorbot large scale 3d printer

- Pulled by Brad

- AS WRITTEN: "Accept the donation and create a temporary SIG under Public Relations to manage the printer. Unlike 3dfab, it will not be for individual projects. Rather, it will be used to generate PR and print community projects. Such projects can be proposed by the membership at large, and as suitable projects are chosen sent to the printer. Due to the footprint, it is proposed that since Automotive is delayed in moving to the north warehouse we use one of the originally allocated bay spaces adjacent to existing pallet racking to deploy the printer. Since we do not foresee being able to sustain this after automotive fire engineering is complete and construction to move in automotive can begin, it is proposed that the printer be auctioned as a fundraiser when that time comes. When broken down, the printer is made out of extruded aluminum sections, and the heated bed is made of square sections. The bed is able to be stored on a standard pallet, and one long pallet can be used for the extrusion rails (or, these rails can be placed against a wall or on a section of pallet racks). The printer does not have special power requirements and can run on a 120v drop."

- MOTION: Move to table this pending clarifying financial liability and an appropriate host committee/group.
  - Proposed Justin
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous 
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion TABLE


MOTION: Pass consent agenda items 6.1, 6.2, 6.5 & 6.6 by consensus as each is written
  - Proposed Justin
  - Seconded Brad
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous
    - Opposed
    - Abstain
    - Motion All Passed as Written


====
NEW BUSINESS


No new business


====
EMERGENCY BUSINESS

3 Disciplinary Complaints pending.

MOTION: Extend those suspensions indefinitely until there is a response from them. Add those names to the 86 list on the wiki as suspended indefinitely until the board determines the outcome.

  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Justin
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous 
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED


====
NEXT MEETING

MOTION: Set next meeting for September 10th @ 19:00 (7PM)

  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous 
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED


====
ADJOURN

MOTION: Motion to adjourn meeting

  - Proposed Brad
  - Seconded Curtis
  - Vote
    - For Unanimous 
    - Opposed
    - Abstained
    - Motion PASSED

MEETING ADJOURNED 20:22 (8:22PM)

Action Items

Status Item Description Responsible Party
[ ] Update rules about using DMS emails 3rd Party emails. Reference: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20190825#Require_Chairs_use_DMS_Email_.28Erik_Smith_on_behalf_of_Jim_Hartnett.29 or clear up in Infrastructure Policies Document in process. Secretary
[ ] Update the rules per the above link Secretary
[ ] Inventory items in Hatchers for plan to deal with assets BoD