Board of Directors Meeting 20190121
- 1 Time, location
- 2 YouTube Live Link
- 3 Prior minutes
- 4 Financial Statement
- 5 Member Recognition and Complaints
- 6 Consent Agenda
- 6.1 Nominate Mike Cole for Fellowship Award(David Kessinger)
- 6.2 Annual Meeting and Election of BoD (David Kessinger)
- 6.3 Reallocate Annealing Machine Allocation - Withdrawn (Mike Cole [Draco])
- 6.4 Expenditure of Committee Funds for Food Purchases (Steve Blanchard & David Kessinger)
- 6.5 Ex Board of Directors Being Paid Honorarium After Leaving the Board (Steve Blanchard)
- 7 New Business
- 8 Emergency Items
- 9 Set Next BoD Meeting
- 10 Minutes
- 11 Action Items
20190121 19:00 Dallas Makerspace
YouTube Live Link
Checking 1: $ 98,899.51
Checking 2: $277,367.11
P&L 2019 YTD:
|Profit and Loss|
|January 1 - January 21, 2019|
|Total Cost of Goods Sold||$0|
|Net Operating Income||$21,687,78|
|Total Other Expenses||-$834.98|
|Net Other Income||$834.98|
|COMMITTEE BALANCE REPORT|
|3D Fabrication||Automotive||Blacksmithing||Classroom||Competitive Robotics|
|Creative Arts||Digital Media||Electronics||EXPANSION||Financial|
|Laser||Logistics||Machine Shop||Metal Shop||Motorsports|
|PR||Printmaking||Radio Control||Science||Software Development|
|Vector||Vintage Computer||Wood Shop||Amateur Radio|
Member Recognition and Complaints
Member recognition (above and beyond) and member complaints will be considered before other business. This will allow members that are interested or involved with either to leave without having to sit thru the entire meeting.
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via the forums. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $200 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".
A capital equipment form (listed at the bottom of the Finance forms list) is required for all equipment purchase or lease exceeding $5000 for which funds are requested from the Board in part or total, at least two weeks in advance of the board meeting.
Nominate Mike Cole for Fellowship Award(David Kessinger)
Problem: Mike Cole, aka Draco as contributed consistently to helping improve DMS management operating systems such as the Calendar system. Instructors, students, chairs, and others have made suggestions and requests for incremental improvements and changes, Mike as responded in a timely manner implementing changes. Additionally, he is an active contributor to helping resolve infrastructure issues or implementing solutions. This is on top of his duties and activities as a committee chair.
Solution: To recognize Mike for his noteworthy volunteer contributions to the improvement and more efficient operation of DMS.
Motion: That Mike Cole be Awarded a three months dues from the Fellowship Fund for outstanding contributions to DMS.
Relevance: To acknowledge exceptional volunteer contributions with an award to show our appreciation.
Annual Meeting and Election of BoD (David Kessinger)
Problem: Section 2.3 Annual Meeting. The annual meeting of the Board of Directors shall be conducted at a place and time set by resolution of the Board of Directors.
Solution: Give notice of annual meeting, election of directors, critical dates, funding Motion:
Annual Meeting and Voting
• Set Annual Meeting for Dallas Makerspace for 2019 for Monday, April 15, 2019 at 8:00PM CST, at Dallas Makerspace’s primary place of business 1825 Monetary Lane, Ste. 104, Carrolton, TX 75006. All five Board of Directors positions to be elected.
• Voting on all matters properly before the Annual Meeting closes at 8:30PM CST April 15, 2019.
• Members eligible for voting rights must register for voting rights no later than 12:00PM Monday, April 15th, 2019 registered voting members may vote in person as late as 8:30PM CST Monday, April 15th, 2019.
• Retain PureTax to oversee the counting and tabulation of votes. PureTax representative shall deliver the total to the person Chairing the Board of Director’s meeting on April 15th, 2019. The Board shall then vote to certify the results. Upon certification, the new board will be installed and begin their term.
a. After online voting closes and before the start of the Annual Meeting, PureTax shall gather the results of online voting, place in sealed envelope to be opened at 8:31PM at the Annual Meeting in front of the candidates or designee.
• Candidates or their designee may observe the vote counting at the annual meeting for in person votes.
Notice of Annual Meeting and Funding
• Date for Annual Meeting mailing: Monday March 28th, 2019.
• Allocate not to exceed $3,000 for election related costs: mailing service, retain 3rd e-voting firm, additional funds for unexpected expenses
Candidates, Ballots Issues, Critical Dates
• Any member eligible to run for the position of Director, per the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws, may file their Statement of Intent any time prior to the close of voting at the Annual Meeting.
• Any Member running for the position of Director and desiring to be included on the electronic ballot must file their Statement of Intent no later than 12:00PM CST, April 8th, 2019.
• Any Member running for the position of Director and desiring to be included on paper ballots to be used at the annual meeting must file their Statement of Intent no later than 12:00PM CST, April 15th, 2019.
• All issues to be put before the membership on the ballot of the annual meeting will be put forth or submitted Board of Directors no later than the beginning of March, 2019 Board of Director meeting.
• Members eligible to vote electronically must be register by 12:00PM CST, Friday, April 12th, 2019.</nowiki>
Relevance: required by By-laws and State Laws for corporate governance. Funding required to achieve requirements.
Reallocate Annealing Machine Allocation - Withdrawn (Mike Cole [Draco])
Problem: Hatcher’s Armory was allocated $1200 on 09/29/2017 for an Annealing Machine that was never bought and can no longer be used because of reloading and firearm regulatory issues. This can be better spent on expansion efforts for Hatcher’s Armory.
Solution: Reallocate the allocated $1200 for the Annealing Machine to Hatcher’s Armory general committee money to be used in expansion.
Expenditure of Committee Funds for Food Purchases (Steve Blanchard & David Kessinger)
1. Each Committee, once per calendar quarter, at a single Work Day or Public event, may allocate up to $100 for the purchase of food and refreshments for that event.
• a. An Event must be on calendar prior to event start time.
• b. Maximum allowable per person attending is $10 up to the $100 limit.
• c. Persons participating in work day event must sign-in, sign-in sheet MUST be submitted with reimbursement form.
2. Purchases may not be made on DMS credit cards without email permission of two of the following: Board member or Treasurer.
3. All reimbursement forms must be submitted at one time and signed by the Chair. Multiple receipts are permitted, minimum amount per payee is $15
4. Food for preparation may be purchased in addition to prepared food.
5. Committees seeking to exceed $100 per calendar quarter/event may request exemption from the Board of directors.
6. Each Committee must have their own funds available for this expense. This is not additional Committee funding.
Ex Board of Directors Being Paid Honorarium After Leaving the Board (Steve Blanchard)
Problem: Board of Directors are prohibited from being paid honorarium after leaving off for 1 year. This was done to prevent Board members from special pay. After a discussion with PureTax, they noted this was an unnecessary rule.
Solution: Change Honorarium Requirements Section 9 from
For the duration of their term and for a period lasting one year after the end of their term, no Director serving on the Board of Directors may accept personal payment for honorarium.
For the duration of their term, no Director serving on the Board of Directors may accept personal payment for honorarium.
Robotics Committee (Phil Luetchford and Draco)
Problem: Representation of Robotics at the Makerspace.
Solution: Merger of Competitive Robotics Committee with Robotics SIG to become Robotics Committee. Proposed Robotics Committee to have Robot Combat and Robotic Arm SIGs. Loan of Texas Robotics Combat arena. Allocation of floor space to Robotics Committee for arena, workbenches, and robotic arms.
Relevance: Desire for robotics education and events at Makerspace by members.
Items requiring immediate action by the BoD for safety.
Set Next BoD Meeting
==Minutes== 7:06PM Call to Order Directors in Attendance Kris Anderson S Charles Baber-Remote David Kessinger Steve Blanchard Luke Strickland-Remote ==== ***MEMBER RECOGNITION*** Nominate Mike Cole for Fellowship Award(David Kessinger) - AS WRITTEN: - That Mike Cole be Awarded a three months dues from the Fellowship Fund for outstanding contributions to DMS. - Motion: - Proposed by - Seconded by -Call for vote AS WRITTEN - In favor - Opposed - Abstain - Motion Pass ***CONSENT AGENDA - DISCUSSION*** Pull All Items - AS WRITTEN: - Pull All Items - Motion: - Proposed by - Seconded by -Call for vote - In favor - Opposed - Abstain - Motion Pass **NEW BUSINESS** Robotics Committee (Phil Luetchford and Draco) - AS WRITTEN: - Merger of Competitive Robotics Committee with Robotics SIG to become Robotics Committee. Proposed Robotics Committee to have Robot Combat and Robotic Arm SIGs. Loan of Texas Robotics Combat arena. Allocation of floor space to Robotics Committee for arena, workbenches, and robotic arms. - Discussion tabled to call special session - Motion: - Proposed by - Seconded by -Call for vote - In favor - Opposed - Abstain - Motion Pass ==== Next meeting set for 20190218 8:40PM Meeting called to close
|Status||Item Description||Responsible Party|