Like most user wiki pages, these rarely get updated.
- Secretary 2019
- Board member 2016-2017
- Logistics Chair 2015-2017
- Procurement Officer 2015-2017
Random work shop project helper
Infrequent DMS tour guide, question answer-er
- I offer PR support and criticism somewhere between the level of "drive by" and "engaged participant"
Where ever Logistics and Infrastructure intersect, I'm often there to do some of the hands-on work
The following is from early 2016:
I own a 1996 F150 5.0L 4x4 longbed truck that I neglected for some years.
I completed the following repairs on 1/17/2016:
- Positive Battery cable replacement
- Starter relay replacement
- Replace radiator hoses: upper, lower, bypass
- Belts: Serpentine belt, pulley, tensioner
- Fluid maintenance: radiator flush
- U-joint replacement
- Upper right side ball joint replacement
- Fluid maintenance: oil change, ATF replacement
- LAN cabinet a wall-mounted cabinet for a nice rackmount GigE switch, patch panel, router, NAS, UPS, etc. This will likely be laser-cut once I determine an appropriate design.
- Spotlights / work lights handheld spotlights/floodlights utilizing 3D-printed bodies that interface with Ryobi ONE+ batteries - some design work required
- Flashlight design project a built-from-scratch flashlight utilizing some nifty Aluminum 1.50" x 1.00" x 0.125" wall oblong tubing that's going to call for some clever clever design work
- Tiny house design some tinyhouse-like projects such as a modular cabin, a trailer, or a skoolie bus conversion. I have Tom Sawyer'ed myself into helping with one such project.
- Aircraft build a light sport aircraft
Other facts, figures, and vital statistics subject to curious rounding errors
- Erik Smith is a professional wallflower
- Erik knows many things but cannot necessarily catalog them on the spot
- Erik is probably not the batman
- Erik is approximately 76" tall, has disproportionately long legs, is in possession of all 20 original-issue digits, requires corrective optics but can otherwise see, has a sense of smell well below average, has excellent hearing but often-marginal listening comprehension, and carries XY chromosomes
- Erik has been known to type furiously on occasion and has been known to say keyboards are wear items from time to time