Talk:Steering Committee Meeting 20110405
From Dallas Makerspace
Members in attendance
- Mark Havens
- Glenn Pipe
- Steve Rainwater
- Peter Smith (chair/secretary)
- Paul Wilson
- Andrew Lecody
- 2003 Peter opened the meeting
- 2004 Minutes from the previous meeting were ratified
- 2006 Paul W adds to New Agenda the fees item
- 2011 Eric adds to New Agenda the IRS 1023 item
- Eric adds to New Agenda the election for board item
- 2013 Discussion on the accounts
- 2016 Eric reccommends moving forward with hiring professional CPA services
- 2018 Committee consents to Mark hiring a CPA for $200 or less, to be paid for out of the DMS funds (if one can only be found for more than that amount, then the committee will reconsider)
- 2030 Discussion begins on IRS 1023 agenda item
- 2036 Paul suggests ByLaws be reviewed by the Membership on Thurs, the 7th. Committee assigns this task to Andrew. This meeting will not be a standard MIBS or regular meeting.
- 2123 The committee consents that a DPRG adviser to the board will be assigned.
- 2125 Discussion begins on membership fees item
- The committee consents that the membership structure as Mark implemented will be reverted back to its prior version, and that his proposed membership structure will be re-evaluated at a later date. Any new members signed during the period that the new rules were in place are considered to be members but pursuant to the terms at that time.
- 2154 The election of the board by the membership will be finalized within 48 hours of the meeting.
- Peter adjourned the meeting at 2157