Screen Printing Machine
From Dallas Makerspace
A screen printing press is a machine used by professional printers to print multiple copies of the screen design on garments in an efficient manner. The machine will be based on the following design: Four Color Screen Printing Press Plans
- [01/09/12] Paul Brown purchased the following "B. Full Hardware Kit" from: Hardware Kit Store
-  The MakerSpace purchased a 4 station press.
- Purchase lumber
- Cut lumber
- Assemble machine
- Obtain inks, photo-sensitive emulsion, squeegee, and screens
- Obtain blank T-Shirts
- How will we be getting screens and ink?
- "I've got multiple screens and a fair bit of ink at home, used to manage a screening shop back in the day." -Dillon S
- A company called Speedball sells fairly inexpensive kits.
- Why do we want a screen printing press with more than one color?
- How will we fund for this project?
- Selling T-Shirts to DMS members?
- Can we 3d print any of the parts of the printing press?
- Can we utilize the lasercutter to easily cut designs?
- Maybe we can cut stencils with the lasercutter and not need to worry about the photo-sensitive emulsion?
- Where will we put it?
- Where will we get the lumber?
- Where is the best place to get blank T-Shirts?