JSM Committee Meeting 20180918
Monthly committee meeting
Host: Joseph Lahoud
- New Member Welcome
- Committee member recognition
- The department had 17 classes in the month of August. Carienn taught 53% of the classes, thanks Carinne!
- Department on track for 20 classes in September.
- Department updates:
- Current funds at $5,345.75 50% earmarked for expansion
- Class schedules/Volunteer needs for open house Oct.6th
- Carienn - All day
- Austin -TBD
- Dave - TBD
- Anne-TBD, flyer
- Hannah- Wax
- Set up on Friday 7PM. A script will be produced for a consistent message
- Richard Martin has posted series of casting classes
- We purchased a set of 4 pliers Xuron 90 degree & short flat nose from Rio, approx cost $150
- Tool needs/review supplies request form
- Discussed need for chemical safety. ALL chemicals should be labeled. Single-use food containers should not be used. SDS sheets should be on file if storing at DMS.
- Elect day for reoccurring meetings
- Second Tuesdays of the Month. Next meeting 10/9, 7PM
- Expansion plans. Review proposed layouts. Will vote on an official layout next meeting.
- Vote to purchase 3 used jewelers benches with lights for $500 from a private seller
- Vote passes unanimously
- Vote for committee chair and vice chair
- Joseph re-elected
- Anne elected as vice-chair
- Open discussion
- Tool training