JSM Committee Meeting 20180815
Monthly committee meeting
Host: Joseph Lahoud
- sue rogers
- Terry Sikes
- Hannah Pickett
- Cairenn Day
- New Member Welcome
- Committee member recognition
- The department had 15 classes in the month of July. Anne taught 46% of the classes, thanks Anne!
- Department on track for 14 classes in August.
- Department updates
- Current funds at $4600. 50% earmarked for expansion.
- New tumbler media and pin finisher.
- New sandpaper organization system
- Class schedules Volunteer needs
- Flex shaft needs maintenance.
- Need someone to teach orientation this month.
- Tool needs
- Tony has requested some new pliers. Many of ours are damaged and due for replacement. Propose we purchase a set of 4 plier Xuron 90 degree & short flat nose from Rio, approx cost $150
- Expansion plans
- Officially designated 30' x 20' sq ft in the new building. Remaining next to fired arts.
- Electrical layout submitted. Prepared the first draft of possible layout for review.
- Need to prioritize items needed to move, such as tables. Suggest we earmark at least $600 for new tables.
- Open discussion
- Tool training
- Cairenn reviewing how to use rectifier for anodizing