Hackerspace Meeting 20191030
19:00 - 20:00
North Lobby Classroom
- Elect a Chair
Nominations: Raffi (Chair), Denzuko (Chair)
Relevance: By-laws requires a chair nomination every six calendar months even with new chairs reported recently. We're needing to confirm our nominations for current running chair or vote for any new chair given the nomination is presented for one.
- SIG scheduling
We have several SIGs we support; this would be the best time for them to speak up and make sure their meetings are announced so we can promote it on our social media channels.
Required for resource planning, promotional work, and continue support for the sig.
- Hacktober CTF planning and scheduling
The october CTF is due on the calendar this sunday and we're needing the community's input and assistance with this event. There's items on our trello board that need completion and we greatly appreciate the volunteers whom help.
- Open discussion
Dwight Spencer via phone
Laurie Ruggles (MizGeek)
Agenda Item: Elect a chair
Dwight rescinds his nomination.
Rafael Motions to vote for a chair
Vote for chair:
Agenda Item: SIG Scheduling
Action Item: Dwight to update the wiki page for Crypto SIG with an About section.
Agenda Item: Hacktober CTF planning and scheduling
Hacktober CTF to be held Friday the 15th of October from 7 to midnight.
Action Item: Raffi to create proposal for layout of committee area to be modified and possibly voted on next meeting.
Action Item: Raffi to reach out to Doug Emes about orange area.
Raffi motions to make digital attendance possible for future committee meetings. Preferably Discord.
Unanimous for remaining members. (6 members)
Action Item: Dwight to build curriculum for November CTF and publish on Wiki.
Raffi motions to adjourn.