Woodshop Committee Meeting 20160418
This is the meeting agenda for the Woodshop Committee for April 18, 2016.
Add stuff, please!
Time and Location
8:00pm, 18 April 2016, Lecture Hall
We don't have any. Do we even need to bother with keeping minutes?
Financial Statement / Budget
Agenda Items for Discussion and Decision-making
Please see the topics below and let me know if any other items need to be added.
See you there! -AZ
Topics for discussion:
- New Layout
* Dust Collection (status update from Mat) * Miter Saw support table (Brian Stout) * Small lathe stand (Brian Davis) * Work tables (Andrew Z) * Clamps storage (Andrew Z) * Log storage area (Jeff C) * New tool acquisitions and donations * Implementation (TEAM)
- Required Classes
* Do we want to require training to use ALL lathes? * Lathe Basics * Pen Turning * Intro to Bowls? (prerequisite to use the Powermatic) * Advanced Lathes? (class taught on the Powermatic) * How to track members after completing training? * Issue "Tokens/Badges" (Andrew Z) * Woodshop Basics is required for ALL new members. * Can we offer a "Woodshop Refresher" for existing members? * This course will be 30-60 mins and walk existing members through the new layout and tools
* Should a "Plastics in the Woodshop" be offered? * Limit plastics to ONLY CUTTING (NO SANDING) * other composites, Bondo?
- Open Discussion
* This time will be open for members to bring up any topics that have not been addressed.
-Items that need an owner
* Spindle Sander * Large Bandsaw * Bandsaw Blade Assortment only for Smaller Bandsaw. *